chin maze

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenn

ZooKeeper
Someone posted a picture of a chin maze a couple months back (or so...) and I don't remember who that was. I would love to get a maze for my chin but haven't seen them on chin sites. I don't know if this person made their maze or ordered it from someone. If anyone knows where I can find one, I sure would like to know. Thank you so much!

Thanks Peggy, it's a little different than I remember the one pictured from before, but that looks like a fun accessory for my chin's playpen. I think I'll order it and hopefully Tink will like it.

Does anyone have a maze for their chin? I'm wondering how much use it gets and how long it will last.

playcubesbasicset.jpg

I know someone posted this one a while back and the one they linked you to above also

the website for that one is: http://www.simplychintastic.com/playitems.htm

Wow, that is so cool! I'm looking for more of a maze, but I really like the cube set. Maybe I'll have to get that as well! Thanks for the link!

I'll be visiting your site Andrea. Can you tell me how the chins react to the maze and how durable the mazes are? Thanks.

The cardboard is thick and durable. When I put ours together I tested it with a family of chins and they had a blast. Those are the pictures on my site. You can set up the maze almost any way you like as far as where the holes go and the design setup. It comes with preformed holes and you remove which ones you like. I also sell a smaller version of the maze if space is an issue for you.

Jenn - I thought I must be losing my mind, because I didn't see a huge difference, so I compared all the pictures side by side. They are all pretty much the same mazes, the only difference is one has an extra hole. Does it really make that huge of a difference?

Peggy, you may indeed be losing your mind, I'm sorry. :)

I just had a certain maze in mind that I had seen before and Andrea's maze is the one I had seen, hence my excitement. It appeared to me that some were a larger dimensional one story and some seemed smaller in dimension but with more levels. I really haven't taken the time yet to compare thoroughly and so have not made up my mind which one I want to get. But I thought by getting something bigger with more "rooms" to explore would be my best bet.

But Peggy, if you need some help, I'm here for you girlfriend... ! :)

I know I need new glasses Jenn, so I was worried maybe I needed them NOW.

Did you see the double decker one? That one is too cute! There's also a ramp to go with it!

Wow, either one is great. I love changing things up for them during playtime. I might get one too.

Ooooh..... this is awesome. I actually had my GF keep her boxes from moving recently, and I just haven't gotten around to it.... but I'm planning on making a maze possibly this weekend! Some great ideas here to keep me from making (as many) silly mistakes!

I also found out a friend of mine works in shipping and receiving at his job, he's described a large dumpster reserved just for cardboard (all undyed, matte, the good stuff!) that they have to empty at least once a week. Yay for neverending supply of cardboard! They also have 4'x4' sheets they use for padding between pallets, so I might could get my chinnie wall to guard the nonchewables as well. I'm quickly falling in love with cardboard. Will post pics when the maze is built!

As I take a closer look, I see that the maze haven was in a couple of posts and there was no difference, Peggy. I like the idea of the maze haven because it can be either a single or double story maze. I have to spread my purchases out, to keep my husband from freaking out over all the chin purchases I make, but there are a couple of different mazes that I would like to get. Anything to keep our chins happy!

Just so you know Jenn, the maze I sell can be put together several different ways. I happen to make it into the largest single layer design for my site, but it can be single or double tier.

Back