Chin lovers-how many pets do you have?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's funny i looked thru this thread to see if i replied and at the time i had 2 chins, 1 dog, 1 frog...........now i have:

9 chins
1 dog
1 guinea pig

Hey Michelle, they're letting you keep the guinea pig? That's still Lily right, or did you get another one? I've been wondering what happened with that. I hope she stays with you and gets spoiled!

A lot of my friends think I have a large amount of pets, but compared to most members here I have a relatively small amount! Aside from the pets in my signature we also have two African dwarf frogs. I hope to move to a house with a little land someday so I can get some barnyard critters!

well, she hasnt even asked about Lily, so I am assuming that for now she wants me to keep her. i suspect the poor girl got little to no attention. i went to 3 stores looking for the oxbow cavy cusine and all 3 were out so i had to get her this kaytee total care stuff from target, it was just pellet with no mix ins but... miss Lily princess does not like that.........so i went out the other night and finally found some oxbow at Petsmart. very expensive!! I am looking for a cheaper source for the oxbow but for now she has what she likes. ;)
i make her a salad every night and give her so, so, so much hay. i truly can not believe the amount of hay she eats. when she squeals it makes me giggle!
she doesnt really eat any wood or treats which i thought she would but i keep trying new things.

There are exactly 240 chinchillas here...5 chihuahuas, 1 cat and a bunch of transient barn cats.

I do have to get back to the chins...I have another hour of play groups and some more sweeping up and food bowl checking to do...and waterbottles to clean. Woooo...

The dogs are sleeping on the couch in a pile of chihuahuaness...I have no idea where the cat is outside.

Crud...have to get moving again! Anyone want to come do this for me so that I can go back to sleep for a few hours? :p

At my apt...
1 dog- Akita named Maya
1 chin- Flea
2 Ball Pythons
1 Columbian boa

At my parents house
2 dogs- german shepherd mix- Moose
Chihuahua- Dude
1 cat- Goat

Can you tell we trend toward naming our animals after other animals?

Anyone want to come do this for me so that I can go back to sleep for a few hours? :p

Oh man, if I lived in (I'm assuming AZ, unless you mean A to Z lol) Arizona, I'd totally come over and hang out with your chins!! There are some videos on youtube of little kids being ambushed by a massive amount of lab puppies, and I think if I had 240 chins I'd do that with chins...just lay down and let them jump and poop and groom me lol.

I have 3 chins, (it used to be 5), Rodya and Sonya (standard), and Mork (Mosaic)

1 european black bear aka facy hamster--Florence Nightingale. I owned her mother, first; Eleanor Roosevelt had 7 babies, and in the end I was left with Eleanor, Marie Curie, and Florence--but Marie and Eleanor started beating up Florence, so I gave the other two to my little brother's bio teacher--she'd been looking for new rodents, she just lost a rattie. So. Oh yeah she also got Calvin Coolidge, my dwarf hamster-he just passed away under her care :(

1 Pacific Parrotlet, Raptor...Raptor used to be known as 'Alice' but apparently I have a boy/transgender parrotlet, because he has the blue under his wings like a male, but doesn't have eyestreaks...like a female. I forget the word for it, but they're like ducks, you can tell diff sexes by their feathers.

My roommate has a cat, Milo, he's really nice. :)

1 Pacific Parrotlet, Raptor...Raptor used to be known as 'Alice' but apparently I have a boy/transgender parrotlet, because he has the blue under his wings like a male, but doesn't have eyestreaks...like a female. I forget the word for it, but they're like ducks, you can tell diff sexes by their feathers.

I think you are looking for sexual dimorphism. (Sorry, bio nerd) I used to have a blue macaw named Coolidge.

Lets see..I have 3 chins: Zoe', Ansem and Herby, 2 cats: Shadow Bug and Lucky Bird, 3 dogs: Pugsy, Ginger ( father/daughter daschunds ), and Rainy Jane, my American Bull Dog/Staffie mix. I also have a gerbil named Speedy and a male betta fish named Gordon.
Outside me house is a sign that says, Welcome to my Zoo!

I rarely share how many pets we have because others think I am crazy. My house is currently home to:

Griffina and Celestino, lovebirds. both were sold to us sick and missexed. Stino is an angel and Griffi is, well, a nasty hen as we affectionately call her. They are house separately due to personality and to prevent babies.

Bela and Luna, ring necked doves. Adopted them to save them from being put down at a wild bird center.

Winnie and Trafalgar, feral pigeons. Turned into same center above as squeakers. Being non native they were going to put them down.

Papa Rob, King pigeon. A meat pigeon from same center above.

Rainbow, King pigeon/ feral mix. Our only oops baby and how we found out Papa Rob wasn't a Roberta.

Lucky, Mir, Little Beak, Albert, Igor, Pteri and Lucky (all boys) and Starla Bean, Tessie, Dactylina (all girls), European Starlings which are legal to possess in my state because they are non native. All would have been put down after some had been used to train new volunteers and not put native birds in danger.

Jasmine, Fluffala, Tippala and Thor, cats. Jasmine was adopted from an awesome rescue and the rest were abandoned to starve at four weeks old. A neighbor saved them and I soon took over when they became to much for them.

And finally Edgar the chinchilla, our first new pet since Rainbow hatched a few years ago.

Thankfully Edgar is an only chin and the cats are fixed. Our birds on the other hand are in major breeding mode. Thankfully there are successful way of preventing babies other wise we would have a much bigger flock.

Also the lovebirds are the only birds that get under two hours of free flight. Pigeons and doves get 12 hours a day and the starlings are in an indoor aviary where they get free fligh 24/7. Oops, I almost forgot all starlings are unreleasable, Lucky and Mir have injuries that make them cage bound but they don't seem to mind.

Hope you enjoyed hearing about my babies.

If you want to see what a baby pigeon looks like here's a link to a slide show that goes from her birth to adulthood. The two pigeons you will see are her moms since she was raised by both my girls, longer story.

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i216/Jazicat/Baby Rainbow/?action=view&current=ece6b58e.pbw

I have four male chinchillas: Pip, Oscar, Max and Feeney.

I've got one female gerbil who's buddy recently passed: Lil

We have two cats, one of them is attached to the hip of my husband: Fluffy

And the other kitty we all share: Alice. Everyone agrees on Alice b/c she seems to like us all and we all like her.
Some things have changed since this thread was first started.

Now I have seven chinchillas: Pip, Zeke, Max, Oscar, Carlos, Buster and Rupert. Unfortunately my beautiful extreme mosaic boy Feeney suddenly passed away last year.

Fluffy our rescue cat passed away a couple of months ago. Alice is our pride and joy and the neighbour's cat Leo has permanently moved in with us.

Gerbils are no more.

Who knows what new and unique critter shows up next.

Let's see.... 10ish chins - Winx, Moki, Toby, Bailey, uh... "Cinder," "Kani," ebony female, (we're the worst with coming up with names), a tan female, and two more standard females...

Then I also have a sheltie - Kailey, 3 mice - not named, a pacman frog - Rex (short for T. Rex lol), and 5ish American toads.

I have one chinchilla, and one bearded dragon. There's three cats in the house, one is officially mine (I adopted her by myself a few weeks ago), and two that I "share" with my mom since I live with her, and we split the costs of them. One of those two spends 90% of her time with me and the other is with my mom almost all the time. Cats are: Reba, gray with white mustache, Clara, black is white mustache, and Mittens, gray polydactyl. Beardie is Zedekiah and the Chin is Amal.

I have

14 dogs daisy, dakota, payton, domino, roxi, widget, branly, doby, dixie, tucker, max, abby, milo, and bella

2 cats binx and diablo

1 chinchilla asha

1 rabbit cinnamon

and soon to be 1 hedgehog luna.

I've got one chinny Ruby

And we're getting a Beagle Saturday

So tha makes almost 2 for me:)

Latest posts

Back