Chin lovers-how many pets do you have?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
V

vickym1984

My non animal loving friends think I am odd for having so many pets (9, soon to be 10 I hope)

I have 2 rabbits, 2 guinea pigs, 4 rats and 1 chinchilla (hoping to adopt another one over the next few weeks)

So that will be a total of 10. We don't expect to get new rabbits or guinea pigs after our current ones go to the rainbow bridge (hopefully not for a couple of years yet though) however, obviously chinchillas live a long time, and we are happy with that, and my husband and I also will keep rats for the foreseeable future, I would like more eventually.

How about all of you?

My boyfriend and I own, 4 chinchillas, 1 hamster, and one bird. we currently live with my mom so there is also a dog and a cat in the house, but technically we only own 6.

I've got 4 chinchillas, a cat, a dog, and a fish of my own. In the house, the family pets include another dog, 2 other cats and 2 other fish. That makes 12.

I have three chinchillas and three cats. Not enough pets in my opinion, but until I move out I can't have anymore. My brother also has two gerbils, but he's not very fond of them so I may have to take over as the sole caretaker.

It's just the 2 chins for me at the moment. They are my first pets since I've been living on my own (have 3 cats at my Mom's). We're thinking of adding in a bird, cat, or dog at some point when we are more settled down (not moving every 6 months) and definitely more chins!

We have lots of pets in thehouse and different people take care of different ones. I take care of 12chins, 1hedgie and 1dog but we also have a rabbit, 2 gerbils, 4birds, another dog and about 30 koi fish so in the house we have a total of... 52 pets

We have one chin, 3 cats, 1 dog, 1 hamster, 5 parakeets, a cockatiel, and a 55 gallon aquarium with African Cichlids. I also care for about 15 stray cats. I would have more but my husband would divorce me!

We started out with one cat (Jack), and then he became kind of a jerk, so we got him a friend to play with (Kahlua). My husband has always had a passion for fish, so we have about five different fish tanks in our house including anything from oscars to tetras to discus. We decided to try some reptiles, and since our landlords (his parents) wouldn't let him have a snake, we went with my favorite, the veiled chameleon. We found Carmie Sue on CL, and I just fell in love with her, so she joined our weird family next. One more veiled chameleon later, we adopted Minnie, and I think our family is complete (for now...)

2 outdoor cats have adopted us, so we feed them and built them a house to bunk in as well!

1 Dog, 2 Chinchillas, 1 Fancy Mouse, 1 Betta Fish, and will be adding an Anery or Normal corn snake this spring/summer.

Eventually we're going to get a bigger/different place and add another dog to the list too, but right now that leaves me at 5.

we have 2 dogs, 2 cats, 4 hedgehogs, and 3 chinchillas (soon to be 4 chinchillas). so we have a total of 12. Our oldest dog was just put down within the past couple weeks, our 2nd dog is old as well (pushing 13) and our 3rd dog is just a pup (not yet a year), and our cats are 1-2 years old roughly. after our dogs pass we're not getting anymore but we'll always have a cat and probably a chinchilla because I love them. although my husband plans on retiring in 20 years and he wants to travel so we'll see what we plan on doing about animals when that time comes.

Oh gosh.. keep in mind, I do rescue...

The Zoo...

3 Chinchillas, 14.. err.. 15 Rats and the new female's 14 bubs, 7 Cavies, 2 Hamsters, 4 Mice, 15 or so Crested Geckos, 3 Leopard Geckos, 1 Bibron's Gecko, 2 White's Treefrogs, 1 Blue-tongued skink, 1 Bearded Dragon, 1 Uromastyx geyri (Spiny tailed something desert lizard.. I prefer the Latin), 10 Snakes (varies), 11 Tarantulas (varies), 1 Giant African Millipede, 1 Redfoot Tortoise, 1 Stinkpot Turtle, 1 Axolotl, 1 African Dwarf Frog, several Cories (varies), several Emerald Eye Rasboras, 5 Bettas, 2 very large 10+ year old Comet goldfish, a very shy albino Chocolate Pleco, 3 hens and roo.

I don't think I forgot anyone...

Oh wait.. I did.. 1 Green Spotted Puffer fish, a random blue Damsel and another random Gold Dust Molly ..with some snails and maybe a Hermit crab (if Poof didn't find them all).

And if you count my "bug colonies" ..I consider the Hissers as pets, at least... then Madagascar Hissing Roaches, Blaptica dubia roaches (Orange head, or spot, something or other.. look like really big rollypolies), Mealworms and icky Crickets (temporarily)

Last edited:
1 chinchilla, 2 rat terriers, 3 cats, 2 fish, 1 frog, and 1 turtle. Only the chinchilla is with me at school though. I miss my other pets.

11 rabbits (mini rex, mini lops, a Flemish giant, dwarf Polish), 1 dog, 6 cats, a goldfish tank with 3 big ole' fish, a rat, a hedgehog, and 11 chins. When people ask, I usually just say "Oh a bunch" - I don't like to give the total number. :)

We have the chins, 3 dogs(Daisy Chi Mix, Venus Greyhound, and Gavin APBT)...2 ferrets(Lola and Ray), and 1 bearded dragon (Lincoln).

I have four male chinchillas: Pip, Oscar, Max and Feeney.

I've got one female gerbil who's buddy recently passed: Lil

We have two cats, one of them is attached to the hip of my husband: Fluffy

And the other kitty we all share: Alice. Everyone agrees on Alice b/c she seems to like us all and we all like her.

Latest posts

Back