Blue Diamond Babies

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark miller

Miller Chinchillas
I had my first litter of European Blue Diamond babies today. They are pictured with their Violet s/c mother. Their father is a Blue Diamond from Denmark. This is a challenge I am very excited to be working on, improving the overall quality of this double recessive color in the U.S. They are a deep blue color in person, very eye catching.

Attachments

• IMG00185.jpg
    IMG00185.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 314
  • IMG00183.jpg
    IMG00183.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 290
Last edited:
Congratulations Mark, Although I am not comfortable doing the double recessive with these two mutations... I certainly wish you the best on improving them all around.

Wishing you the best with the new work. Just have a question Mark. I know chin are shipped out the states. How hard is it to get chins shipped into the states?

Congrats, on your new additions. Can you post a picture of the father I would like to see what he looks like?

Congrats Mark, I'd love to see one in person. You should bring them to MCBA National's in March... hint hint ;)

I will be showing them asap. I want everyone to see them. They really are a striking blue color in person. I am currently working on getting a class for them in the ECBC Mutation Show rules. I have submitted a resolution to be voted on at this years annual meeting regarding adding blue diamonds, recessive whites, and goldbaars to the current Mutation Show rules. So, yes you will see them soon at the shows.

Congrats! I thought Ronda was the only one in the US working with the BD's. :) Can't wait to see more pics!!!

I'd personally love to see how they do at show, in their own class of course. That's a good way to tell if they're what they need to be of course, showing.

Latest posts

Back