beautiful ebony boy at pet store nearby...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My thousand grammer is named Ursie. She went without a name for a long while and then it just hit me one day after watching The Little Mermaid. Named her after Ursaline the Sea Witch (though she is much nicer now). So they do tend to name themselves. You just know when it fits.

Ash, I couldn't help but think of a name when I read you're calling her Fat...

Fatima

The name Fatima \f(a)-ti-ma\ is pronounced FAH-tee-mah. It is of Arabic origin, and its meaning is "baby's nurse". Also possibly "one who abstains".

Naming animals is so difficult for me. :wacko: Thanks for all the suggestions!

Last night, she was thumping around in her cage. Apparently she thumps when she jumps!! :rofl: I found evidence (i.e. poos) that she had been on both levels and a shelf, but she likes to hide in the bottom corner for now. She ate SO MUCH HAY last night, like I'm not even kidding! A big handful! There was a little bit that she left on the floor, but the rest she just NOMNOM'ed up, the little fatty.

She still screams/barks when anyone goes near the cage, but she'll get over it.

Naming girls is the worst for me. I have so many boy names but when it came to naming my only girl.. it took me awhile, lol. Her name is Kiwi but she's so round maybe I should of named her grapefruit or watermelon :hilarious:

For me, i usually go for something that isn't so common, except Kiwi in this case. My theme for my boys is cartoon/video game characters. My bunny's name was Rajah (tiger from Aladain) if you like that name..

My next 2 females will be Kami and Kali.. it sure will be a mouth full saying good morning to the girls in the morning!

The fat one is doing well, she still kacks and barks at me any time I come near or put my hand in the cage. She took three oats from me tonight, hissing and kacking the whole time. She isn't just sitting in the corner anymore, I caught her on a ledge and now she's sitting on her granite slab staring at me.

Still don't have a name for her. SHE EATS SO MUCH THOUGH. Today I called her "Bessie" and laughed at myself. Such a fat girl, but I'm in love with her already. I can't get over how much she eats... it's just so much more than Tia eats!

Tia is also doing fine, she's holding her weight steady at the high 530s and eating well again. I hand-dusted her today and the stinker decided to roll around. :nono: Oh well.

Oh Bessie is cute!! How about Patty? Patty and Fatty rhyme (no offense to anyone on here named Patty).

Back