beautiful ebony boy at pet store nearby...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, guys... we do have a new family member, but it is unfortunately not the boy I talked about. Today I went to go look at some chins that have needed to be adopted for awhile, and I came home with a big fat girl!

I really think a female is the best bet, just because I'm thinking of the future - perhaps shared play time, you know? Two is the most chins I can have (due to parental restrictions, heh), and I just think two females would be best.

Anyway - pictures! I only have two, because she was really not having it. Her name was Sheila, but I have bad memories associated with that name so she is gonna be renamed. I don't know what to call her yet, but for now she's Fatty. So original, I know. :neener:

heheheheheheeeee.jpg

She kacked at me when I took this. Hopefully she'll calm down soon. When I went to look at the chins, she was just zooming around! I've also been told that she's quite a chewer!

Congratulations! She looks pretty upset and in need of you and your lovin, She will get better with time. My therory is they may or may not always be a lil stinker but at least with me they will be a happy lil stinker.

She is very pretty. Congratulations! I hope her and Tia become great cuddle buddies. How is Miss Tia doing?

You made the right decision to keep females. Trying to keep a male and female separated and separate playtimes would probably be a hassle.

Congrats, shes a cutie

She's beautiful! I love big fat chins. I know someone who has a very large girl chin and they call her Fat Fat, lol.

WOO HOO!!! A chinnie who has needed to be adopted for a long time!!! She will surely thrive on your TLC and good lovins'!!!

I hope that the Princess will be able to meet her new buddy soon...and that THEY both live happily ever after!!! :hearts:

Aw congrats! I love fat chins! After a couple dust baths in some good dust she'll be really pretty!

I love the name Fat Fat that was just mentioned, that's hilarious!

Thanks everyone, I still have no idea what to call this girl. I was thinking about Jenny, like Jenny Craig? And Prozac, because when I was started on prozac I gained a lot of weight. Then I thought "Jenny Prozac"! I like that name, because it rolls off the tongue and such!

My boyfriend thinks I should name her Aunt Jemima, which I also like. I just don't know, maybe I'll let her decide? Goodness, what do you guys think? Jenny Prozac, Aunt Jemima, or something else?

Jemima is nice... Jemma for short? Seems good for a fat girl who is a gem.

congrats on your new addition.

jemma is pretty & unique. if you wanted to be rhymey you could call her Mia.

or you could wait a few days & see if something comes to you.

Anything relating to big girls is good: "Fat bottom girls, you make the rockin' world go 'round!" That's Queen; love that band. :))

I LOVE Jenny Prozac, maybe even shorted to JP.

Aunt Jemima has some negative racial stereotypes associated with it, but, hey, you make the call...you know where you live.

As a child of the Civil Rights generation, and having grown up in the South loved, cared for and raised with respect by more than one incredible black housekeeper while my divorced mother worked outside the home, I would personally be offended, but that's just me.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...Mi0Zwo24PIHZ9Uhuw&sig2=l-FjLCJdX6ts7P31QrLk5A

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...2w32OiizN4CAXdt2A&sig2=TvVfwm0SKn1QDpUAE1jdyA

In any case, she's a beauty and will have a wonderful life with you!!!

Too late to edit, but I just wanted to add that I'm not totally against naming chins for real people -- one of my own chins is named "Little Two Paws Shakur", a play on Tupac Shakur, since he has only two paws.

Also, another of my favorite names is the person on this forum (can't think of the name right now), who named her Black Velvet "Morgan Freeman".

I truly believe that all chins end up naming themselves, due to a physical characteristic or actions that they perform that endear themselves to us.

And I STILL like Jenny Prozac -- that has a connection to you, so it makes sense!!! :thumbsup:

How about Alberta - as in the female version of Fat Albert? Or Squishy! She could be Squishy, and she could be yours, and she could be your Squishy (sorry, Finding Nemo moment!)

Back