2014 MCBA National Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky

Queen Becky, Ruler of Purpleland
M.C.B.A. 2014 National Show

March 22, 2014

Place: 4-H Building Auburn, Indiana

Motels:

La Quinta: 306 Touring Dr, Auburn (260) 920-1900
Holiday Inn Express: 404 Touring Dr, Auburn (260) 925-1900
Quality Inn: 225 Touring Dr, Auburn (260) 925-6363
Days Inn: 1115 West 7th St, Auburn (260) 925-1316
Super 8 Motel: 503 Ley Drive, Auburn (260) 927-8800
Hampton Inn 1020 Smaltz Way, Auburn (260) 925-1100
Comfort Suites: 137 West 15th Street (260) 920-7600

Judges: Jim Ritterspach Ohio
Dave Woods Florida
Rich Ryerson (pelts) Ohio

Show Chairperson: Ron Hummel [email protected]
Banquet Chair: Becky West [email protected]
Auction Chair: Becky West [email protected]
Raffle Chair: Jan Ryerson [email protected]

Saturday 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 a.m.

Grooming: 6:00 a.m.-9:00 a.m.

Costs: Live animals: $5.00
Pelts: $5.00

There will be a $10.00 charge (per ranch) for those attending, and not showing animals.

If you would like to advertise your business in the show book, please send an ad to Brenda at [email protected]. Ads are $5.00 for half a page and $10.00 for a whole page.

Vender table: $15.00 (Contact Becky West to reserve a table.)

Classification: 8:30 a.m. pelts
9:30 a.m. live animals

Animals and pelts MUST be ready to be classified or they will not be included in the show.

Pelt Show: 9:00 a.m.

Live Animal Show: Immediately following the pelt show

Lunch and Banquet: Banquet at 7:00 p.m.
Lunch around noon

Auction Rules:

1. Animals entered in the show may be included in the auction.

2. Animals not entered in the show will be caged and displayed in a specially marked area. Animals must be caged by the start of the live animal show, and remain caged until the end of the auction.

3. The fee for entering an animal in the auction is $5.OO. There is no additional fee for animals entered in the show.

4. When entering an animal, the owner must indicate a selling price. Once caged, and a price set, the animal may not be withdrawn from the auction.

5. Cage numbers and prices will be listed on a large board. Anyone interested in bidding on an animal will talk to the people at the claiming table. The first bid must be for the price listed. Further bids will be in increments of $10 or more.

6. The National organization will retain ten percent of the final sale price.

7. All animals will be paid for and claimed through the claiming table.

Show Rules:

Live Animals: Limit 20 in each color section.

Master Breeder Award:

Awards will be given in each color section providing there are 10 or more entries in that section. An exhibitor must enter at least 5 in a color section and average 3rd place (min. 15 pts) to be eligible for
Color Section Breeders Award. Total points accumulated for all entries per rancher apply for the Master Breeder’s Award. Exhibitor must show a minimum of 30 animals to be eligible or the Master Breeder’s Award.

Trophies will also be given for Grand Show, Reserve Grand Show, Best Pelt of Show, Second Best Pelt of Show and High Point Pelt Award.

Junior Breeder Award:

A trophy will be given for the most points awarded for a maximum of 3 animals. The animals must be designated prior to the beginning of the show, and must be bred and groomed by the exhibitor. Exhibitors will be expected to answer questions concerning the care and breeding of chinchillas. Anyone under the age of 18 is eligible.

It's getting close! Who is planning to attend? How many are you planning to show?

I will be there. Hoping to have 30 this year.

Wow are you serious Juanita?! That's a lot of grooming!

We are going to try and make the long trip to Nationals. We will be showing less then 28 after we go through and groom and make tougher cuts of who's going and who's not.7

I had 27 last year Kyle. What's 3 more? Probably the difference between sanity and calling in the guys in white coats! Oh wait, there will be lots of people there in white coats so I will be in safe hands! Randy thanks for the offer, I'll take any help I can get since Bob won't put his hands on a chin. He's awesome at carrying stuff though so I won't complain. Can't wait to see you all.

Wendy & I will be there! And I think Brent is coming along, too. not even a clue how many I am bringing yet. Been working extra shifts and haven't had time to go through the show line yet.

If anyone wants to advertise in the show book, I will need the ad and payment by this weekend so I can get it to Jim in time to print.

I'm not ready either and planning on showing an ambitious 30 chins. Any help always appreciated. I say planning because I always find that one rebel decides to pee on themselves enroute to the show. Grrrr

I'm happy to help whomever, although I think Cheryl (Poetrue) has first dibs on me, since she's dragging me to the show!

I'm planning on attending next year. I even did mapquest to see how long it will take to drive from SO CA to Indiana. We are going to make a vacation on this.

Latest posts

Back