ringworm

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use 1 tsp Tinactin per 1 cup dust. Luckily I've only had to treat fungus once! I do use it for about a month on any new chins though as a preventative.

When my girl had fungal infection, I was mixing 2 tablespoons of dust + 2 tablespoons of anti fungal powder and offering it daily for seven days. After first 3 days of treatment fur started to grow back.
I also noticed that blue sparkle dust was irritating her skin. So I use only blue cloud now.

thanks for the info.
i heard that i should put the powder in daily or 2-3 times a week, but it would make sense to me that it has to be a fresh powder and clean bath every time they bathe while they have the infection.. right? otherwise they will just keep infecting themselves in the used (yet medicated) dust
this seems like quite a lot of dust to be using, will it still work without emptying it out daily?
thanks

alright thanks, i hadnt read anything about changing the dust but it seemed like an important step

I find that the powder doesn't do a thing to help fungus. I prefer to use Blu-Kote or a topical anti-fungal cream instead.

Back