Hey there!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argy

I'm Argy and I just happened upon this forum. I'm mommy to 3 chinchillas - two white mosaics (females, Valentine and Atiya) and one standard gray (male, Virgil). Atiya just gave birth to 3 bouncing babies on 07/11/2012: two grays and one "stained" white. I am thrilled but also a bit anxious as this is not only my first experience with babies, but also unexpected (I thought all 3 chins were boys). I also have a rat and a guinea pig, all species housed in separate cages and (for now) Atiya and the babies are separated from the other two adult chins.
When I'm not spending time with my babies I work full time as an RN, and I enjoy doing calm leisurely activities such as playing pool, sewing, and (the most scarce of all!) sleeping.
I look forward to interacting with and learning from you all! =)

Hello & Welcome!

If you don't want more babies, you need to separate your male from Valentine as well (and put her on pregnancy watch - the normal gestation period is approximately 111 days).

Hello & Welcome!

If you don't want more babies, you need to separate your male from Valentine as well (and put her on pregnancy watch - the normal gestation period is approximately 111 days).

Thank you! I was thinking of allowing Valentine to also have a litter before getting Virgil neutered, but now with arising situations I'm starting to change my mind. I might move her to cohort with Atiya in a separate cage.

Back