Hello Chin n hedgie lovers!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laurensab

Laur
Hello everyone! My name is Laur and I am the very proud owner of a year and a half old male chin named Brinkley and a new addition as of yesterday, 5 week old male chin named Fella. I am thankful I found this site. Its already been a great help and I look forward to talking with you all!

Welcome Laur! Glad you found the forum. Please look over any threads concerning quarantine for your new little fellow. It is highly recommended to keep your new chin away from your old chin in a completely different room for 30 days. This helps prevent as possible illness spreading from one chin to another.

thank you so much for the advice! I actually have them in seperate rooms already. I hope introducing them goes well... I am a little nervous.

Hi and welcome! Ditto what Laurie said. Got to play it safe :) Congrats on the new addition...pics are a must! ;)

Welcome to the forums!

Keep a close eye on your little guy to make sure he is adjusting well to the new environment (eating, drinking, pooping, peeing). Five weeks is a little young to be weaned, much less be in a new home.

They should be weaned no earlier than 6 weeks, and most hobbyists prefer to wait until 8 weeks, with a 2 week growing perod to be sure that they are eating, drinking, and growing well.

Thanks for the info!

Well, I actually just looked at his paper work and it says he was born between Dec 4-9th. So he is about 7 weeks. Still very young. And I dont understand how they don't know for sure how old he is... But is is doing great so far. Eating, drinking, going potty, and happy.

Back