Hate the smell of pine shavings....

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could also try the "pet safe" wood pellets. I have been trying that instead of pine, and there is no smell to it at all. I think the brand I use is "Marth", same brand as my pine shavings. I get it at Fleet Farm. The chins also do not seem to kick as much of it out of their cage as they did the shavings. Just my opinion :)

i use aspen (just started chinchilla was eating carefresh) i dont smell it the only complaint is that it gets kicked around easily

I have been wondering about these things recently as well. Ive been using fleece for years but recently added the baking tins with wood shavings in the corner which the chins are happy to use (mine are all pretty clean chins that like to keep it neat luckily). Is there one pine shaving brand better than another? I am wondering mostly about any dust content.

considering the amount of dust that goes flying when the chins have their baths, i wouldn't worry about a little wood dust from shavings.

i get the living world brand kd pine shavings and i find the only little bit of dust is when i'm down to the bottom of the bag, and it's not bad at all. mind you, i used to work in a barn where we had a mountain of shavings in the side shed that we would use for stalls - now there was a lot of wood dust! lol.

Back