Chinchilla gave birth !

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nickv0195

Nick
Came home from school today with babies in the cage, (yes baby safe cage and everything they need) but i was just wondering my chinchilla Tilly (the one who gave birth) is all bloody from the birth and i know that i can't give her a bath until about 2 weeks, so how do i get the blood off of her ? And when can the babies be held ? I will put some pictures on within the week , I'm just going to leave Tilly with her babies for now, she doesn't need the stress of me taking pictures of her.

She'll clean herself up, although a first-time Mom may take awhile - don't worry!
Kits can be held immediatly, although I prefer they're dry, as long as Mom isn't 'freaking out'. Then wait awhile, as she'll come around!
Congratulations and have fun!

Wow!! Congrats to you and Mommy chin!!! My girl Dusty just had two kits yesterday morning! Have you taken their weights yet? Also did she have one or more? I can not wait to see pictures of your babies!!! Congrats again....Also I agree with holding them early on as long as momma is okay with you holding them. Dusty loves being held so she was okay with me holding her kits. However she is ify with men and will not let my husband hold them for long as she goes crazy!!!! This allows them to be social which is always a good thing hehe. Dusty is all clean now. Amazingly there was not a lot of blood besides with the afterbirth! She cleaned that up herself along with her hands and tummy! She is beautiful along with her babies!!:thumbsup:

Congrats Nick! I know you were very worried about her. So happy to hear it went well. Can't wait to see pictures and hear their weights.

Congrats! Can't wait to see pics too. I bet they are super adorable.

Glad to hear things went well too. :)

I'm actually a little concerned that you say she has blood all over her. Is it blood or water? It's normally to see some blood on the face and paws, and a little in the lower region. If it is a lot of blood or if she is still bleeding she needs a vet.

Otherwise congrats on the babies. If you provide her with fresh shavings she will probably roll around in them a bit and dry herself up. Sometimes my girls get a bath a little sooner, or a little later, but usually around 10 days. Can't wait to see photos.

No is was just on her paws and a little on her chest mostly water though. And Tilly let me hold them today once they where dry :) She had two and there adorable :)

I'm actually a little concerned that you say she has blood all over her. Is it blood or water? It's normally to see some blood on the face and paws, and a little in the lower region. If it is a lot of blood or if she is still bleeding she needs a vet.

Otherwise congrats on the babies. If you provide her with fresh shavings she will probably roll around in them a bit and dry herself up. Sometimes my girls get a bath a little sooner, or a little later, but usually around 10 days. Can't wait to see photos.

Nick, congratulations. I know you are ready for these babies because you asked a lot of questions before hand, good for you! I'm hoping things continue to go smoothly, if not please let us know.

Latest posts

Back