Chin scared of dog- not eating/drinking

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessonehundred

I live with my boyfriend and my 2 chins. My boyfriend fell into the responsibility of watching over his parents little cairn terrior. The dog hasnt even noticed the chins and hasnt barked or gone near them. ( they have their own little room basically but it is doorless - so i have a sheet that i can pull down when the apartment is noisy and what not). I am sure chins have strong senses though...

The mom chin is fine, but the younger one is reacting very badly, she has sat in the same position since I arrived last night and I havent seen her eat or drink. She wont react when i reach into the cage, wont react if i gently poke her, and wont react if i show her her favorite treat.

The dog will hopefully be leaving on Wed or Saturday, but I do not want my chin to be sensing the dog and not eating/drinking until then!..
She could be eating at night.. but i know she is not acting normally.

any suggestions or similar experiences??

My boyfriend and I just got a dog ourselves almost 2 months ago and my more skittish chin had a problem with her. He wasn't eating as much and was pretty pissed of with me. It took him about 2 weeks to get over it and he's doing fine now. Our dog is more interested in their twigs and treats than she is with the chins and has only once barked at them. Probably since she was in her crate, just like them LOL.

Back