chapped feet, picture

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessonehundred

I know it is common for chin foot pads to have callouses and chappedness because I previously posted about this a long time ago, but I noticed one of my chins feet just seems unusually irritated. It is very red and I was wondering if anyone can tell what the white is in the center..kind of graphic, and sorry for her dirty looking bum :( (is that normal as well?)
I attached a picture and was wondering what anyone might think. thanks!

Attachments

• delete.jpg
    delete.jpg
    88.8 KB
Last edited:
A few of my chins have had some chapped feet issues for which I have been putting something called Calendula cream and I know a lot of people use bag balm.. that said, I'm not sure about the middle and it doesn't look real good.

What kind of cage do you have? And could your chin be sitting in her pee?

With the Bag Balm, do you just put some on and let them go? Seems like everything in the cage would stick to their little piggies! I need to try this, just want to do it right!

I have a martins cage, i think the biggest one, with 2 chins in it. i have wooden shelves all over it and a fleece tube i just recently got but she doesn't really sit in it. and I haven't really seen any pee on the shelves or anything so I always assumed they mostly took care of business on the lower level.

I am planning on getting some bag balm or other cream and see how it works, I just wanted to make sure that didn't strike anyone as an infection or an emergency that required an immediate vet appointment.

Rub a small amount of the bag balm into the feet for a few days. It will help a lot. You can also do the same thing with vitamin E oil.

Back