Zupreem pellets?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TahlulahBelle

Constant Poop Vacuumer
The girl who bred my chinchilla told me to feed her Zupreem Nature's Promise premium chinchilla food. It contains no soy or wheat. It also is timothy hay pellets no extra foo foo stuff like nuts or raisins. The crude protein is 14% Crude fat is 1% crude fiber is 28% and moisture is 12%. Is this a good food? Has anyone ever heard of it? I can only buy it at a special feed store so I figured its better than Kaytee. My chinchilla likes it and everything. I just wanna make sure I'm feeding her the best food possible.

IMO, I don't consider this a good feed based on the ingredients (from Petco website). Corn is a big no-no.

Ingredients: Sun-cured Timothy Grass Hay, Ground Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Dried Beet Pulp, Dicalcium Phosphate, Dextrose, Salt, Flaxseed Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Ground Vegetables (carrots, celery, beets, parsley, lettuce, watercress, and spinach), Brewer's Dried Yeast, Ascorbic Acid, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, L-Lysine, Natural Mixed Tocopherols, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Copper Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Calcium Iodate, Copper Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Cobalt Carbonate, Sodium Selenite, Vitamin A Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin, Calcium Pantothenate, Riboflavin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamine Mononitrate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement.

Guaranteed Analysis:

Crude Protein (min.) 18.0%
Crude Fat (min.) 1.2%
Crude Fiber (max.) 22.0%
Moisture (max.) 12.0%

veggies in a chin pellet are also a big no no, but the high corn content in zupreem makes me want to run the other way, fast!

Like Sherry said...the veggies scare me about that feed. The corn not so much, but the dehydrated, out of place veggies that could cause a bloat issue over time. I don't like these pellets. It's almost like they are trying to hide the treats inside of the pellets all while making people believe that they are healthy "just pellets" feed.

I would suggest buying pellets from someone on the forum. You would get fresher pellets for a much better price and support a small business or even a rescue organization with your business.

Back