Yesterday's News

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Christie

I test + for CHINITIS!
I've been using Yesterday's News as bedding in my chinchillas' cage for a couple of years. I've heard stuff about metal and other dangerous things being found in Yesterday's News, but have never found anything myself in bags that I have purchased. What is your opinion of Yesterday's News? If you were me, would you continue to use it? Change it? To what?

I wouldn't use it. I saw pictures of some of the stuff that was taken out of the bedding and it scared the beejeebus out of me!

Honestly, since you have only 2 chinchillas, I would recommend fleece liners. They are amazing! Even with my 12 chins, I think that they are a great choice.

Just brush off the liners after a week or less depending on how messy they get, and throw them in the wash.

I know some members make them - BellaKiwi does, I believe and Alli713 may also. Hope this helps!

I agree with Sasha. Fleece liners are amazing! They are just so easy to clean up and make it so much more convieniet- and no more of that bedding mess on the floor!

I wouldn't use it. I saw pictures of some of the stuff that was taken out of the bedding and it scared the beejeebus out of me!

Whatttt??? This is the first I have heard this... YIKESS! I use this for our bunnies litter box and never had an issue. I don't want to run into problems.:(

I've never found anything weird in yesterdays news..I don't use it for the chins though. I use it in the "pee" corner under pine shavings for my rabbits cage cause its the best way I could find to absorb all that pee that he puts out...he's a peeing fool!

For the chins I only use Pine shavings. I've thought about fleece liners but with 18 cages...I just can't see it working out for some reason LOL

Back