Wisconsin MCBA show October 13

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lynn, I just wanted you to know that I might only have time to drive up for the show on Saturday. Too many things going on with my kids & school functions. I may have to work on Sunday to make up for taking Saturday off. Just as a reference, I stayed at Deer Valley last year and it's a 100 times better than the gnome motel, my socks weren't dirty black from walking on the floor ;)).

THANKS for the confirmation!!! Hope you CAN make it, even if only for Saturday.

Like usual ill be there. Also brenda and wendy, ill be donating a house with a built in toy and a toy and treats basket for the raffle.

I was wondering if someone could explain exactly what this event is. I am not a new chin owner but I'm not familiar with what MCVA means and what happens at these shows. Is this something my chin can go to and be in a show? Also will venders be there selling chin supplies? I need to know so I know if I should wait for the show to spoil my chins more. :p

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

Blanket for Raffle

Here is my donation for the Raffle at the WI Show. It is a beautiful handcrafted throw in a wonderful color combination called "Fiesta" (someone else will have to bring the quacamole and margarita's because I have too far to drive)! Fiesta is a wonderful combination of purples, greens, reds, and gold but manages to remain neutral and goes with a wide variety of color schemes.

Bring lots of extra money for raffle tickets!

Attachments

• DSC_0343.jpg
    DSC_0343.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 17
I was wondering if someone could explain exactly what this event is. I am not a new chin owner but I'm not familiar with what MCVA means and what happens at these shows. Is this something my chin can go to and be in a show? Also will venders be there selling chin supplies? I need to know so I know if I should wait for the show to spoil my chins more. :p

This event is a chinchilla show sponsored by the WI Chapter of MCBA - Mutation Chinchilla Breeders Association - a national organization dedicated to chinchilla breeders across the country. Basically, it is a beauty contest for chins. :) Similar to a confirmation dog show, in some respects. Serious breeders are always striving to breed the 'perfect' chinchilla, and a show like this lets us compare our chins to other breeders' chins to see how we stack up.
We welcome all chin breeders and owners to enter and learn more about chinchillas. There are more details to this show listed previously in the thread, as far as times, fees, etc. that you can reference.
The chins will be judged individually on how they would compare to the ideal chin, as well as against each other for top awards.
I have not had any vendors contact me to set up at this show. On occasion, there are vendors with various products at the shows, but not too often. If you are looking for something, it's best to contact folks ahead of time so that they bring what you are for with them.

I know that's a pretty general description, so feel free to let us know if you have more questions.

Brenda

Hey, everybody -- I still need to find someone who can pick me up from the Madison Airport and get me back on Sunday!!!

Also, I'm looking for a single or 2 -- you would be sharing the other bed -- (the more the cheaper!!!) non-smoking females to share the cost of a room, either at Deer Valley or the Karakahl/Gnome hotel. I'm planning to book a room with 2 queen beds for Friday and Saturday nights.

Deer Valley is more expensive but (I've heard) nicer than the Gnome. I have only ever stayed at the Gnome, but Deer Valley is closer to the show and I think the Gnome is sliding in quality. It's still a nice room for a good value!!!

Please let me know if you are interested...:thumbsup:

Hey Lynn! Hoping you are having luck finding a ride! I will be at the shop until 5 on Friday, then have to run to set up at the hall. I also have to work at the shop on Sunday, so won't be able to give you a ride. Sorry! :(

One more thing to add..

We have a few trophy sponsorships open yet, if anyone is interested. Breeder awards for standard, black, beige and ebony are available for $25 each. I am going to be calling the trophy place soon to set up an appointment for ordering trophies and need to have the info ready for when I go, so please message me here or at [email protected] if you would like to sponsor.

Thank you!

One more question. Does my chin have to be a pedigree to enter the show? I have a beautiful Black Velvet but he is not pedigree. My ebony is pedigree and beautiful too. :)

One more question. Does my chin have to be a pedigree to enter the show? I have a beautiful Black Velvet but he is not pedigree. My ebony is pedigree and beautiful too. :)

They don't need a pedigree to be shown. If you have at least the year the black velvet was born it would help the judge and weather it should be in the under 7 month class or over.

Ok thanks. :) I will email where I got him from and ask for the information I need. :) Hopefully she has an ideal. :)

Brenda, no luck yet on a ride or the possibility of sharing a room. :crossfingers: and still hoping...

I would be proud to sponsor the Beige Breeder Award!!!

Hummm sounds like I may be coming too now and it is all Cheryl's fault...lol (Wendy look what you started...lol) I'd have maybe 10-15 animals...

Back