Will someone please look at this x ray?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't help with any possible health problems since that's the first xray of a chin I've seen. I might possibly see some gas but that's based on guinea pig xrays. It's rather interesting to see a chin. I thought they'd look a little more streamlined through the belly and shorter in the neck vertebrae under all that fur.

Although I have seen several rays, I just don't have the eye for it, even if I try. There are several here that I hope will chime in for you.

Okay, I am not any help for that I apologize. But this was the most fascinating thing I have ever seen!

Thank you for replying, everyone! The spot I'm worried about is a black area near the lower jawbone, I've just been obsessing over pictures of other xrays online, it might be nothing and I might be hallucinating! The vet said it was nothing...but you know how these exotic vets go. Sometimes they seem to not know very much about chinchillas. For example mine said it's fine to feed fruit/nuts daily as a treat...yikes.

Since the x-ray is not dental, the image is not great of the teeth, I cant say for sure if there is elongation-it does not appear to be so from what I can read, but there is gas.

Yeah, we can't put him on anesthesia right now because he does have a heart murmur and I'm very anxious to put a chin under while his heart's not in tip top shape. Would get a dental if I could :( thank you for your help.

I see the black spot but since the x-ray is not close up enough to see the teeth and their supporting structures to tell if it is something or nothing, abscesses show up as black spots but the location of the spot would theoretically point to a apical abscess which the vet said it was not, periodontal abscesses show up on the sides of the tooth. Its too inconclusive to say what it is without a clearer image.

Back