WI MCBA Regional Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brenda

MCBA & ECBC Member
Join us Oct 3, 2009 for our 5th annual show!!

Set up at the Barneveld American Legion Hall at 102 Wood Street, Barneveld, WI will start at 5 pm Friday evening.

Registration Friday night until 9 pm and Saturday morning from 6 until 8:30 am.

Entry fees - $4 per animal for MCBA and sister organization members/$5 for non-members.

Grooming Saturday morning from 6 am until 9 am.

Classification starts at 9:00, with the live animal show to follow.

Judging by Jim Ritterspach.

Lunch will again be our famous cook out - grilled burgers and brats with sides provided by our terrific membership! $5 per person.

We will have a Baby Derby! Chins 8 weeks to 6 months can enter. Entry fees apply.

The show is an optional claim, with a table for claim animals that are not being shown as well. Entry fees apply.

Bring extra money not only to buy animals, but to buy raffle tickets! We have some terrific raffle items already in the works!

We have trophies available for sponsorship as well as show book space for advertising. Trophy sponsorship will include 1/2 page in the show book.
Show book ads are $20 for a full page, $10 for a half page and $5 for a business card-sized ad. Trophy sponsorships are $25.

There are reasonable hotels in Mt. Horeb, WI, which is about 15 minutes east of Barneveld.

Karakahl Country Inn Mount Horeb
1405 Business Highway 18/151 East
Mt Horeb, WI 53572
1 608 437-5545

Village Inn Motel
701 Springdale Street
Mount Horeb WI 53572
(608) 437-3350
www.littlebedder.com

Deer Valley Lodge is right at the Barneveld exit. A bit pricier, but it does have an indoor water park.
Deer Valley Lodge
401 West Industrial Drive
Barneveld, WI 53507
(888) 924-1601
(608) 924-1600
www.DeerValleyLodgeWI.com

If you have questions about the show, please contact me - Brenda Walter - at [email protected] or by phone - 608.924.1144.

Questions about the claim - please contact Kristy Morici at [email protected].

Hope to see you all there!!!! :D

I WILL be there! I'm not able to bring Marshall's checkbook though cause Kristy has it--dang it! Carol and I are driving up and staying at the gnome motel. I'm hoping to bring Sandi along as well! Really looking forward to it, as I'll be getting a new girlie from Kristy!!!! AND I'm going to show Bronwyn! Can't wait for the experience! I also plan on bringing a couple pans of my turtle brownies and guacamole of course for all the margarita drinking after the show LOL!

No, the chins do not have to have a pedigree to be shown. You can sign your chinnie up at the door. I'm not very experienced but I can help people groom. I have a chinnie comb I won at last year's show and I had the wonderful Schultz girls show this old lady how to groom.

Be there or be square!!!

Also, I saw no evidence of gnomes at the Gnome Hotel.

Maybe Becky or Tunes or Kristy will have a pale pink eyed beige for me by then.

Last edited:
I WILL be there! I'm not able to bring Marshall's checkbook though cause Kristy has it--dang it! Carol and I are driving up and staying at the gnome motel. I'm hoping to bring Sandi along as well! Really looking forward to it, as I'll be getting a new girlie from Kristy!!!! AND I'm going to show Bronwyn! Can't wait for the experience! I also plan on bringing a couple pans of my turtle brownies and guacamole of course for all the margarita drinking after the show LOL!

Ha Laurie, you know I will be there! What can I bring? And what the heck is a gnome motel?!? :eek: Sounds spooky, you know I'm a big sissy!

Also, I saw no evidence of gnomes at the Gnome Hotel.

Carol... you must have lost it. There are tons of gnomes at the Gnome Hotel! By the pool there's a huge wall mural filled with gnomes!

I should be there again this year! Since I'm in Appleton I won't stay over night though.

And as always I'll bring a basket or two for the raffle :))

I can't wait for the show...I'll be heading to Ryersons in the next couple of weeks and can deliver dust to the show. PM for more info.

Oh! I'd love to get dust again from you! I'll have to see what I have left and what I think I'll need, will you have a max number of bags per person?

Will anybody be there with large amounts of dust? Shoots or Ryerson's maybe? I'd like to get stocked up again so would be looking at 10-15 bags.

I'm so jealous, this sounds like such a wonderful time............too bad I am 16 hours away! Dang the east coast!!

I am so bummed! I was really looking forward to going to this show but it is of course on the one and only weekend that I have plans already in October!

Michelle - That's my usual travel time to a show. If I go to Ohio or Auburn, it's 16 and sometimes more depending on the nightmarish traffic by Chicago. Don't let a few hours travel time stop you!

Thankfully, it's only about 11 to this one for me. I get a bit less numb butt time from the drive.

I wonder if I can beg Deb to come to this one this year, she didn't come last year. Last year I went down with Tawana... But if Deb would go then we'd probably stay in the gnome hotel.

:zipped1: Ok not going to talk about my 3 hour drive, but very happy to go to my first show :D!

Back