Where to get the best food in..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chauncy_Chins

I'm no newbie to Chinnies but i haven not had them in 5 years! (i'm going chinsane! Lol) So with that being said I'm getting more soon and i'm wondering where i could find good feed in Manitoba? Or know of a place that will ship them? I know a few things have changed as far as feed (not sure what Manna Pro is) I'm not looking for the cheapest just whats available to me. Or maybe if any Canadians that get theirs shipped can help me? A lot of places seem to only ship to the US.

I buy my food, Oxbow, from PetSmart it's considered one of the good foods, but expensive if you have a lot of chinchillas. If you are looking for more along the lines of food shipped, and therefore possibly fresher, there are a couple breeders in BC that sell Alderpark chinchila food. Chinchilla Park Place and Alderbrook Chinchillas

I am in the US but also wondering which food I should use and where to order. Don't think I have any feed stores local, only chain pet stores that carry the junky stuff I've read to stay away from!

You can order oxbow and mazuri from a lot of places. Just google them. I know foster and smith has oxbow and it used to be a good price because that's where I bought it in bulk after oxbow stopped selling directly. That was 4 or 5 years ago though.

I wonder if kmshayloft is a good food for chins. It's a guinea pig pellet but the only difference in a rabbit versus guinea pig is vit c. Most gp breeders and show crowd use rabbit pellets and put vit c in the water.
Guaranteed Analysis
Crude Protein (min) 18.00 %
Crude Fat (min) 3.5 %
Crude Fiber (min) 18.00 %
Crude Fiber (max) 23.00 %
Vitamin A (IU/LB) 13,640
Vitamin D-3 (ICU/LB) 455
Vitamin C (MG/LB) 450
Calcium (min) 0.7 %
Phosphorus (min) 0.4 %

Ingredients: Sun cured alfalfa, oats, wheat, soybean hulls, soy meal, Choline Chloride, stabilized Vitamin C, Vitamin A supplement,Vitamin E supplement, Manganese Oxide, Menadione Bisulfate, dl-Methionine, Zinc Oxide, d-Calcium Pantothenate,Copper Sulfate, Niacin, d-Biotin supplement, Pyrideoxine Hydrochloride, Folic Acid, Thiamine Mononitrate, Vitamin D-3 supplement, Riboflavin, supplement, Cobalt Sulfate, Vitamin B-12 supplement, Calcium Iodate, Cane molasses.

Back