Wheel questions, I've been off the site awhile..

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm so glad I found this! I don't know if my boys will be a fan of the purple but hey, the price difference is great!

Purple was probably most popular because it was the least expensive! The other two were around $20 more.

I would say that was the exact reason. If they set the prices the same on them all, I think the silver one would be the most popular. haha

I just ordered 2 of these the other day. Anyone know how long it usually takes them to ship them out?

ETA: I do have to give props to chinchillas.com as well. When I ordered I went with fedex shipping. But they shipped it UPS, (Ups wasn't even an OPTION...) when brought to their attention, they refunded me a portion of the shipping..

They must have updated their website too. Now it has the following message and ups is the first tab that appears when you estimate shipping:

Please Note:
For all products except Martins Cages please select UPS or USPS for shipping rates. Martins Cages can only be shipped via Federal Express in the United States and via USPS Priority Mail International.

I would say that was the exact reason. If they set the prices the same on them all, I think the silver one would be the most popular. haha

I just ordered 2 of these the other day. Anyone know how long it usually takes them to ship them out?

I got mine within 4 business days from the date I ordered.

Doed anyone have a picture of the pink wheel? I may be interested but it depends on what shade of pink. Yes, I am nitpicky and weird like that. :p

Sandi posted a pic of the pink one yesterday, along with a link to the silver one..... ?

Did that get lost when all of the Error Messages were occurring?

Sandi posted a pic of the pink one yesterday, along with a link to the silver one..... ?

I believe they get lost. :/

I got an e-mail with an order confirmation, and a second as shipment confirmation when it was shipped.

I got the order confirmation on the 15th but haven't recieved anything else. And I am a worry wort. lol

Here you go...

b81f1bc0.jpg

dc02b5e9.jpg

I got the order confirmation on the 15th but haven't recieved anything else. And I am a worry wort. lol

I'd email or call them as I got mine right away.

I'm buying a chin a birthday present and trying to decide if I might as well spend another $50 on a silver surfer.

So far I've already committed to $240 for an extra dark ebony kit, $110 for a cage, and around $75 in accessories. Bumping it up another $50 seems a little marginal, but I can't believe what a quality wheel costs.

Why aren't any of the major manufacturers on top of this? If they can make a 12" wheel they can make a 14-15" wheel just as easily. I guess if you were trying to convince them how they would sell 10,000 of them it would be a little tricky, but large rodents have to be more popular than they are giving them credit.

14" Silver Surfer Chinchilla Exercise Wheel - Warped!!

Just got my Silver Surfer in the mail. As soon as I put it in, I gave it a spin, and it's warped like crazy.
Does everyone's spin like this? Please post up videos of your spinning.

Click to watch video

Just got my Silver Surfer in the mail. As soon as I put it in, I gave it a spin, and it's warped like crazy.
Does everyone's spin like this? Please post up videos of your spinning.

Click to watch video
This might help, it's from another thread.

Had the identical problem when I got mine. They get out of alignment in shipping.

You have to set the wheel on a flat table facing up, so it's on the mounting side. You then need to spin the wheel and push down in the high spots till it's even all around. It's very light weight aluminum and takes very little pressure to bend back into round.

This is the advice I got from the company. I hate fixing things and it did work for even me.

I'm scared to get a wheel to put on the wall of the cage because I don't think its strong enough. Are there any options?

I'm scared to get a wheel to put on the wall of the cage because I don't think its strong enough. Are there any options?

What kind of cage do you have? If you don't thinks individual points on the wall are strong enough, you can get a saucer or chin spin and mount it to a piece of wood, mount that to the cage, spreading the stress across the cage instead of at 3-4 points. My FN takes the stress of the chin spin just fine.

Latest posts

Back