What's up.

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Waysidecorpse

Anti Mod
Well it asked me to introduce my self do here I am, my names is James but I go by wayside, iv owned my chinchilla who I named boco for about 3 months now and besides his cage chewing I really enjoy his company. Iv been wondering if I should buy him a running wheel but I'm not sure what kind I should go.

Welcome to the forum!

What type/size of cage does he have? Most people here will recommend a wheel for chinchillas over 6 months of age. My chinchillas have the flying saucer wheels, and another popular one is the Chin Spin.

If your chinchilla is a chewer, you want to stay away from plastic wheels for sure. They will chew the wheel and could end up with an impaction, and the wheel will likely fall apart fairly quickly. Also stay away from wire mesh wheels, as toes can get caught and you can end up with a seriously injured chinchilla.

Thank ya :) it's a kaylee cage? Think that's how it's spelled it's 24 by 24 by 48 it's a rather tall cage and he likes to sit in the very to platform and look down at me while I play video games. But I did buy him a wire one a month ago and it turned into the place where he sits and noms on his treats so I took it out, but all things considered he is a very spoiled chin, maybe 20 toys in his cage plus random noms laying around his cage I don't consider them treats because I don't give them to him when he is good or does something cute, they are more or less there for him to eat and sense hey provide him with some nutritional value.

Back