What kind of glue?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So school glue will be strong enough to hold the wood in place? I thought it wouldn't be strong enough Lol.

If you go with Elmers it has to be wood glue. I use Gorilla non-toxic water-based wood glue...mainly because I like to overbuild things. :laughitup:

:D Okay. Thanks :D

I bought a bunch of wood and I wanted to try to put poo guards on them... So hopefully I can find some. :]

The guy who was cutting the wood for me must have hated me... As I got at least 30 pieces cut. :3

I got some wooden dowels and drilled half way into the shelf edge and the poo guard, just lined them up with a pencil mark, and then used a small amount of Elmers. Only needed slight clamping and after drying a light sanding. Shelves are really strong and keep the poop from getting everywhere.

What is in that carpenters wood glue that is not in the regular non toxic emlers glue? I had always wondered if the carpenters was safe, but for some reason it just didnt seem like a safe bet to me.

It says non toxic right on the label. Lol. As for the difference, Im sure it has something to do with how it absorbs into the specific material (wood) as apposed to being a general adhesive.

It says non toxic right on the label. Lol. As for the difference, Im sure it has something to do with how it absorbs into the specific material (wood) as apposed to being a general adhesive.

non-toxic for us maybe. I wouldn't automatically assume it is safe for my chins. Id rather check it out and be sure of the specifics.

Back