What is her exact color called

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewChinMommy

We are adding another chinchilla. She was born December 23rd and we will be picking her up on February 23rd so she will be two months old. She will have a pedigree that come's with her so it will be nice to know who her parents are and everything. They said she is white and tan but does it have an actual name for the coloring of her hair?

Attachments

• IMG_2100.jpg
    IMG_2100.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 85
  • IMG_2101.jpg
    IMG_2101.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 81
Tan white is what you would get if you bred a white chinchilla to a tan chinchilla. Tan instead of beige means that the chinchillas color wraps around the belly making it a tan. Since the breeder said tan and white that's probably what she is.

I do know for sure that she is adorable though!

She could be a tan white, but they are most commonly grouped with the pink whites. Tan white is mostly just a breeding term, to let the breeder know that the chin carries the ebony gene.

Adorable. And I agree on the color - pink white or tan white.

If one of the parents is tan, then she's probably a tan white, if the parent is beige, then she's a pink white.

She is a pink white unless there is coloring on her belly or she throws an ebony kit. If you want to be specific about her carrying ebony we would call that a pink white eb/c not a tan white. Tan+white does not automatically throw a tan white, it's just one of many possibilities that they can throw.

I don't know anything about colorations, but awwww, what a little sweet pea!

Latest posts

Back