What do you think about this cage?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigergrrl

I am in the market for a new cage for my chinny girl, and I was thinking of getting another Martin's, but I just came across this cage (actually a bird aviary I think, with dimensions of the cage itself being 32 x 24 x 51"H).

I was planning to get a cage (from Martin's or elsewhere) into which I could install wood shelves / ramps for her. I would not use the wire ramps or shelves pictured, and would make sure the bottom wire (which i probably would leave as wire, for the drop tray, which is what she is used to) had small enough spacing to protect her little feets. I also wouldn't use those plastic cups pictured.

Any feedback or thoughts would be very appreciated! I'm curious to see people's reactions before I give this one any serious consideration...

http://cgi.ebay.com/Bird-Ferret-Chi...807?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1c19b05ce7

thanks!!

Personally I like the cage myself, but the only thing I would questions is the quality of the paint job on the wire itself. Some companies are pretty good, but I've seen cages (powered coated for birds) where the birds chewed off the paint. You probably wouldn't know that until you got the cage, but I could easily see a chin in there. Maybe having some wood cut to size, and drill holes and insert bold, washer and wing nut to cover the one wire shelf.

You may want to look into the ferret nation cages. When you add in that 60 bucks for shipping you could actually find a fn142 for close to the same price on ebay with free shipping. look at the ferret nation club thread and see what you think before you place your bid.

You may want to look into the ferret nation cages. When you add in that 60 bucks for shipping you could actually find a fn142 for close to the same price on ebay with free shipping. look at the ferret nation club thread and see what you think before you place your bid.

I agree with looking into the FN142 cage. I have one and it's so easy to clean because the doors open all the way. It's actually available on amazon.com for $199 with free shipping. :)

http://www.amazon.com/Midwest-142-Ferret-Nation-Cage/dp/B000F4OX0E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1298683430&sr=8-1

Back