What color is this?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Riven

Bad Chin
What would you call this? I'm really to the point where I think I'm losing my mind. The darker pic is the truer color, I just couldn't get a good shot. I personally can't see any difference between the belly and the back...

She is 5 weeks old now.

bggirl2.jpg

bggirl.jpg

My first guess would be light tan.

Did you breed standard to beige or BV to beige? I would guess eb somewhere in ancient history has surfaced. Thus a wrap in a beige kit.
More clues please.......what are mom and dad?

Last edited:
It looks to me like a baby with the cinnamon fur wrap effect. It should shed out all that evenly tipped fur and get a nice white belly. I've had chins I've thought were tans and ebonies do this to me and end up with pristine white bellies between 6-10 months. Extremely aggravating when you try to hold back 5 of a specific color for MCBA shows because sometimes they don't lose it until their first adult prime. You pull out what you think is the most awesome light tan and it is a beige. ~sigh.

On the other hand the line will consistently throw babies like this so if you don't like it you might want to quit using them.

Thanks Spoof.

I know that there is NO ebony in the mother's lines, and supposedly none in the males lines. I know out of 12 litters the mother has never thrown me a belly like this. I was hoping to keep her for breeding ( the kit ) but I'm just not sure about that belly... I'd never seen one like this on a beige.

Back