What color is my baby?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snowthickness

What color is my baby considered? I know white, but w/ the black tail, nose and ears? And the old onwer said he has hair loss due to fighting is there anything I can do to help it grown back?
Thanks

Attachments

• smokey.jpg
    smokey.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 69
Your chin is a white mosaic. It looks like he is chewing his fur. It may grow back in a better environment or it may not.

He is a mosaic. The 'hair loss' does not look like slips from fghting. Its most likely furchewing. Odds are he won't stop and will look like that for the est of his life.

On the upside, there are some things that some people find have helped with their chins fur chewing. Having a wide variety of readily available safe chews is one of them, as well as having a reduced stress (eg. Better environment as previous posted). Best of luck to you and your new chin

Yup he is a mosaic just like my lil guy. Like they already mentioned, keep him entertained...do you have a wheel. And definitely lots of chew toys. He was probably really stressed at his old home. My friend has a beige chin who was a fur chewer when she rescued him. She definitely made his life 1000 times better and he has become should a pretty and especially grateful chin. He is so happy now she literally can pick him up without a hassle and even have him sit her on the couch (but she's had him like 3 years now). Point being, there's a chance he'll get better!

I took a mosaic out of a really bad situation. He fur chewed also. Once happy and taken care of, all his hair grew back in. It may depend on how long he has been doing it and if it has become a habit.

Back