West Coast MCBA 2009 Show

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue

West Coast MCBA 2009 show will be held on April 24th and 25th at 5130 164th Avenue SE, Bellevue, WA 98006. Contact Sue at [email protected] or Claire at [email protected] if you have any questions or need directions.

Judges: Pete & Sue Kisesky

Animals can be brought to the lodge adjacent to the show location starting at 5:00 p.m. Friday night. There will be a seminar on tooth health Friday night at 7:00 p.m. Registration begins 7:00 a.m. on Saturday, classification to begin 9:30 with the show to follow immediately. Entry fees are $5 per animal, show books $5, baby derby entries are $4 per animal for ages 2 to 6 months, tables available to rent for $20, $4 for non-showing attendees.

Our annual board meeting will follow the show so anyone interested in participating in that may attend and, if a member, vote! We will also have a banquet following the board meeting at a local restaurant (TBA) following the meeting.

IT'S SHOWTIME!!

Available hotels for lodging: (Call for rates, these are just their advertised rates, they may have better deals available.)

Larkspur Landing from $89
15805 S.E. 37th Street
Bellevue, WA 98006
[email protected]
Ph - (425) 373-1212
Fax - (425) 373-1500

Days Inn Bellevue from $76
3241 156th Avenue SE
I-90 Exit 11
Bellevue, WA 98007
Phone: 425-643-6644
Fax: 425-289-0348

Holiday Inn from $105
1801 12TH AVENUE NW
ISSAQUAH, WA 98027
1800 315 2621

Embassy Suites from $98
3225 158th Avenue SE
Bellevue, WA 98008
425-644-2500

I can't wait ! With this much notice I am pretty for certain ( unless baseball season gets in the way we should make it !

How exciting! How many people usually go? Are newbies encouraged to go?
Nah, we gotta learn at PetsSmart :p
I haven't been to this one but I know newbies are very welcome. Geez at the MCBA Field Day in Hermiston they had me and anybody else who wanted to help judge animals. I don't think you can get more friendly and welcoming than that.

I do plan on going and I am looking for a breeding female or maybe a mated pair. Breeders please PM me if you will be there. I would love to get an advance look at some chins I may take home. Theresa

Last edited:
How exciting! How many people usually go? Are newbies encouraged to go?

Last year, we had approx 102 animals shown. I don't recall how many breeders were there. But it was a very good turn out. Anybody can attend. You don't have to be a member of MCBA to show your chin. It's a great learning experience too.

[/Our annual board meeting will follow the show so anyone interested in participating in that may attend and, if a member, vote! We will also have a banquet following the board meeting at a local restaurant (TBA) following the meeting. QUOTE]
Just wondering....That will be a really late night huh? It sounds to me like we'll be out till 2 am? Starbucks! WOOT

Actually it probably won't be real late. Last year we were done about 3:00 or 4:00 with the show and had the banquet at about 6:30. I'm anticipating that we'll have a few more chins this year, maybe 120, so we'll probably go to 4:00 and our meeting won't be that long, just to re-elect the board members and directors. We're not that big yet that we have a lot to discuss!!:hmmm:

Hope everyone can make it!!

Wanted to add directions to our site for the show. It's getting close, isn't it?

From I-90 east or west-bound, take the Lakemont Blvd. exit. Turn south and head up the hill on Lakemont Blvd. After passing a small shopping center you'll come to a three-way stop at 164th Avenue SE. Turn right and we're on the corner to the right, it's a large construction site where our church is being built. I'll try to have signs but there isn't really a good way to mount them. The lodge where chins can be kept overnight is at the far end of the parking lot and down a few stairs, it looks like a house. The actual show will be held in the parking garage on the property, it's been cordoned off and will be setup with tables and lighting and heated if neccessary. Grooming will be done in the lodge and chins will be brought up in their show cages to their respective tables in the garage. Please anticipate grooming animals in the order they will be shown, ie., white first and then down the list, so classification can begin as soon as possible. Any questions, email either Claire or myself at [email protected] or [email protected].

See you at the show,
Sue Irvin

Just a clarifying question: I will not be showing, just going to learn. When does the 'show' portion start? And what exactly happens at the show part? I am assuming its where the actual judging takes place, but can someone give me a general idea what time that is? Reason is, I am a gardener as well, so the Florabundance sale is at 10am that morning in Seattle. I want to go to both and so am in quite a bind. Thanks!:hmm:

Classification begins at 9:30am Saturday April 25th. The show will start immediately after, probably around 10:30am. Shows are usually done around 3pm. depending upon how many animals are being shown.

In a nutshell, during the show, the judge will review each group by color phase, age and sex. Each group then has a Champion. each Champion of color group then is judged against each other. Then the best of each female and the best of each male are judged and you have your Grand Show Champion.

I'm coming too. I'll possibly bring a couple chins with me to sell incase anyone is looking. I won't be showing because I don't have anyone in the right age range now. Grrr. I'm very excited and can't wait to see what's going on. I'm from PDX area, anyone wanting a co-pilot or a very quite roomy for the night? - Jessica

Jessica,

You should post a picture of the 1000+ gram female your bringing. :thumbsup:

Back