Weight Gain? woah...

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wischin

OOOook So I am waiting for my momma daisy to give birth here.She is a great im[provement standard that I bred to a strong beige have here. I am happy to have anything she gives me.. expected between the end of the month and first week in may.. I am just wondering if anyone on here can tell me in general how much they have had their moms gain at the most? She is definetly the biggest I have ever seen out of all the breedings I have done except for one in the past years and I really believe there is only one but yesterday she was 742 today she is 750/749 that is a lot... only a week or so ago she was 720something lol She is doing great... she has the opprtunity to safley excersize if she chooses which she does daily, she stretches, eats at will ( oxbow products, tradition from ryerson along with my homemade supplement for preg mommas ). This is her first time.

The father, I decided, will be getting fixed aFTER this litter,.I want to focus on an ebony line so I will be keeping the beiges as pets now besides the few I may dabble in but I am thinking I took them apart I want them to be together but once he cannot get her pregnant,. I am hoping to do it soon

Anywaysm, just wondering in general what most of you see... I know when my chin had three babies once of course she gained a ton, maybe this means she has two not one.. it is her first time as a momma,,, she is about a year and 8 months ( I let them wait a while) Thanks for any relevant answers!:wink2:

There is no real correlation between weight gain and litter size. I've had females gain 300 g only to have twins and one who gained 200 and littered quads. I have had moms w/singles gain just as much or more than moms w/twins. Weight gain is all over the board, varies by chin, and even by litter. Yes, I have had many females with twins gain ~20g+ a week in mid-late pregnancy.

what did she start at? that isn't that big of a jump the body can fluctuate 10 grams a day easy

Some of my girls are that big or bigger without being pregnant. I have a girl that is due sometime in the next couple of weeks and she is over 1000 grams. I would like to know what this girl started out at.

Back