Water Bottle Leaking???!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

~@Pokemon@~

Queen of Chinchilla Poop!
OK so i have two boys who are seperated in a FN 142. Everything is fine but their water bottles are both leaking. Its only a few drips but ill fill them and the next day they are almost gone. I kno my boys dont drink that fast. Plus they keep gettin wet so ill spend hours drying them off and making them fluffy again. So my question is which water bottles do u guys use? Is their a good type? I dont want to buy another new one and find out i wasted my money on another leaker.

PS. They both have the same brand/type of water bottle so yea.

I just get a glass one at the grocery store, I posted to say that if I were you, after I pay for it I would go to the bathroom and test it. It's just a hit and miss thing. So if it does leak you can exchange it before you get home. Don't get a plastic one, they will chew it

Lixit 8 ounce glass bottles from the bird section in Petsmart. Leave a small bubble of air at the top when you fill it up, and then when you flip it over, a proper vaccuum will form.

A good quality glass bottle to start, and I find using room temperature water (instead of cold water) helps, too.

Back