Vitakraft Vita Special Regular

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello! Tell me please about food Vitakraft Vita Special Regular. On Russian forums writing that this food can not be used as the primary, because he was too soft for the teeth of chinchillas. The teeth will grind badly and it will cause problems with it. Recommend to use this feed as a supplement to the main. Can I feed this food chinchillas as the main food?
Sorry for my English, with respect, Irina.

Hello, Irina. I've heard of the company Vitakraft, but this type of feed isn't common in the US to my knowledge. If anything, look at the ingredients and the nutritional components and compare them with reputable feed in your area. You may get more help from a European forum. Sorry you haven't gotten an answer for your question here.

You CAN feed it, but it's not good for chins. Vitakraft is available in the US, but they primarily focus on other areas of pets. I believe LM is vitakraft products as well.

It is way too low in protein, and softness would be the least of my worries with a food because you should be offering hay and chew sticks anyway. I would keep looking, what foods do you have available there? What about rabbit pellets?

Just because the ingredients and such are on this forum doesn't mean it's okay to feed. The mods have sections with that information for people who want to compare feeds, etc.

I don´t like it, it is the primary food avaliable for chins in pet shops over here and it irritates my every time I go to the pet shop and the woman tries to sell me a sugar filled seed bell type thing for chins.

Back