Urgent!! Chinchilla Cut off Circulation(?)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esperanta

Addicted to my chins
Today, my little brother found our chinchilla hanging half in, half out of his cage. It was a VERY tight fit. I don't know how long he was there (it was morning). We got him out of there right away, but he's weak and really doesn't do much. We're thinking he cut off the circulation in his back legs. We think We put him on a heating pad and tried to give him water. We're afraid he might die. Please help!!!

This chin needs to go a vet ASAP! There could be any number of complications resulting from this incident (bone breaks, intestinal problems, etc.) that could be life-threatening

I agree with the above. The best advice any of us can offer in this situation is to get to a vet as soon as possible. He is probably in a lot of pain.

Agreed with everyone else...depending on how long he was there, he may've suffered a multitude of problems including fractures, dislocations, shock...yeah, he needs a vet A.S.A.P.

Back