Toys for Hedgies?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wranglersarah

Chewy, ZuZu & Recess
Hello! I do not have a hedgehog but have learned a ton about Chinchillas on here and thought maybe the hedgie section can help me. We are doing a Secret Santa at work....the person I chose actually does have a hedgehog and I thought it'd be fun to get him something for his pet for on of his gifts. Does anyone have any suggestions? Do hedgies have toys like hanging chew toy Chinchillas have, or do they use fleece hammocks or tubes?

Thank you for your suggestions.:hmm:

Hedgies teeth are like humans - we have just the one set as adults and they don't keep growing. So, no chew toys.

Not so much on the hammocks - they're generally single-level/flat floor little creatures. They'd probably use a hammock to hide under ;)

Yes on the tubes. Hedgies like places to run and hide and feel protected. So something like a tube or a hidey house with a large doorway works nicely. I mention the large doorway because, in the event that hedgie is scared or angry or otherwise feeling out of sorts, hedgies tend to ball up and become very spikey, so you have to be able to reach your hand in, gently hold that spikey ball, and bring both your hand and a huffy spikey ball (possibly the size of a grapefruit) through the opening at the same time.

Also like chins, many have fleece liners for their cage floors.

Some like little stuffed animals; others don't seem to notice them. Some play with things like little cars or trucks; others don't bother. Many like hedgiebags; ie, hedgie-sized sleeping bags.

Hope that helps!

Snuggly fleece bags. Hedgie sized fleece lap blankets. Hedgehog sized cuddle buddies. cloth stuffed cubes or other stuffed animals. Cuddle cup/fleece bed, with a stuffed mattress and a blanket to cover it or a corner hidey hut, or fleece cube bed. Fleece covered tubes. Yummy bugs.....

Ok that is what Tylda is telling me is on her Dear Santa list. I hope they give you some ideas...

The cars and stuffed animals sound like a great idea. Some also like toilet paper rolls to nudge through the holes.

Back