too tired?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pitbullgirl

My mom and were playing with my boys tonight. They were out for probably 15 - 20 minutes so not very long. When i put them back my one boy chubs just layed on his belly and looked so exhausted. He did play pretty hard though. Jumping in and out of boxes on me and my mom. It worried me because i have never seen him do that. Should i not let them play for that long at one time? I have heard people letting their chins out for about 20 minutes at a time. I had noticed the bottoms of his feet getting warm towards the end. My basement is about 65 so its not hot. Should i be worried?

Mine usually get between 1-2 hours out of the cage, and we started our surprise baby chin on about that length as well after about 4 months, when we let her mommy out to play. The room is usually kept at 70. I know when one of them wears themselves out, they usually have a lie down for a bit, but it's not terribly long before I see them bouncing about their ledges, or a quick run on the wheel.

Back