The thing you Love about your chin?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChinchillaLoves

Dottie & Lolah's Mommy!
What is one thing that your chinchilla does that you just love about him or her?

My chinchilla, Dottie, is very 'in your face' and will come running to the front of the cage wanting to hop out onto me whenever I open the door! I love when she is so pushy about wanting attention! Its adorable!
And my chinchilla, Lolah, is very treat driven which I love because I can make her cuddle me with just a little something :)) She will do anything I want to get her hands on a yummy treat!

Now, let's here about your special chinchillas?

Oh, and if you have pics of your chin doing "the thing you love" post it!!! :cute:

the thing i love most about Rhino is his attitude, lol. he's a cheeky lil monkey that i swear gives me the 'yeah, but i can move faster than you so you can't stop me!' look whenever he's doing something he shouldn't be. and his 'get your hand outta my face woman!' look combined with a shove from his cute lil paws when he's had enough scritches/attention.

i like pets with a bit of spunk and attitude in their demeanor, lol.

I love that all three of my chinchillas seem to perk up when I come into the room knowing they will get a little attention. Since treats are given at a scheduled time daily very little of their attention is food driven.

I love that Edgar is a spaz who loves to get into trouble. The little guy is fearless and seems to really like all humans. He also still acts very much like the four month old kit we took home. He's now a year and a half.

I love that Oscar is such a love and would rather hang out with us for his play time. If jealous he'll also make the mating call to get my attention away from the other chinchillas. Lately he's been really bonding with me and grooms me back. Oscar will be three in a few months.

I love that Jackie Chin is a complete sweetheart. He's only been here a few months but everything about him is gentle and shy. Now that he's adjusted to his new home he's finally pushing boundaries but he isn't losing any of the sweetness. He is also starting to really trust us too.

i love when my dog goes up to drakensteins(beige male) cage draken will go up to the dog grab the bars and shake them. or whenever i give him scratches whenever hes had enough he pushes my hands away. hes got such a little attitude on him
i love my new mosaic girl calista whenever i go near the cage she runs up to the side. Ill pet her through it and then she will grab my hands and try to pull them further into the cage all the time giving me love nibbles.
i love when my new standard grey nyx starts to show shes trusting me. shes a lot more shy then my other chins and its been lots of coaxing to get her to start letting me touch her without her running away. i love when she starts nibbling on my nails. i always say shes giving me a manicure:)
i love my new

Crash is my Mr. Attitude. He'll shove me away when he doesn't want skritches, he kecks at the cat when she walks through the room, and he's very aware of the schedule. I get yelled at if they don't have fresh water and hay and all that by 11 (I usually get home from work around 9 PM). He's my runner too, so it's always fun to watch him hop on the Saucer and zoom around, then sit on the bottom of it and rock back and forth like a kid on the swings.

YouBe makes it clear that I'm HIS Dangit! He's right at the door when I come into the room, grooms me, talks to me; he's a little lover boy. And he's more oriented toward affection and love than treats... even though he doesn't let me pet him. I'm the one who gets petted, which is hilarious. :lol:

Nova's charm is his shyness. I feel blessed when he decides to sniff me or let me rub his chin a second. He's watchful, suspicious, always alert, but sometimes, he'll sprawl out belly down on his shelf, stuff his nose through the bars, and konk out dead to the world. But he only does that after I feed and offer chews/treats at night. It's almost like, even though I can't really pet him, he knows he's safe when I'm around, which is a great feeling.

I love that Watson will sometimes nap with me in the afternoons :)

the thing about rutherford that i absolutely love is how often he falls asleep when he's eating at his food bowl. or when he does something naughty, and i'd scold him, he'd fall asleep as if nothing happened!
here's rutherford falling asleep as he was eating:
IMG_0196.jpg

here's rutherford falling asleep as i was scolding him for biting me:
DSCN4031.jpg

i love how one of my chins took the effort to rotate his wooden house in a perfect 90 degree angle so that when my sister was watching them he could hide without being seen

I'm still finding a lot of new things to love almost daily.

The latest started yesterday.
We have their cage fairly high so when we just play with them in the cage we stick our arm in and they'l crawl up and in Scrat's case jump onto our shoulders.
Scrat added a new "move" yesterday where he'll jump onto my shoulder and then go around the back and down my other arm back into their cage.
Though there was a bit of a tense moment when he started to slip down my back one time lol
even if he'd jumped to the ground though, he lets himself be picked up very easily :)

Well if I have to pick just 1 thing that I love...

Lady and I have some pretty awesome grooming sessions. I'll scritch her and she'll groom me back. Talk about melting your heart <3

I love when Nietzsche (during play time) literally begins running at me from the opposite corner of my room and leaps DIRECTLY at my face. He does this on purpose.

Since I have so many I have to make a short list.

1. They are always happy to see me
2. Seeing them do the pop corn dance
3. Sleeping sweet faces
4. New born kits that start talking to me with that little "peep" voice
5. Listening to the herd eat apple wood at the same time
6. Watching them perk up when I say from the living room, " I see you in there!"
7. And who can resist the smooches!!
8. The "worker bee chin" that helps you in the cage when you DON'T need help. Like putting up toys or placing new ledges and you have to defend your jacket zipper, your glasses, your watch, your rings.......hee hee

8. The "worker bee chin" that helps you in the cage when you DON'T need help. Like putting up toys or placing new ledges and you have to defend your jacket zipper, your glasses, your watch, your rings.......hee hee

hehehe, I've got one of those, "mommy's little helper" NOT :wacko:

I didn't realize how much I love sitting with Bella until I had a super busy week once and didn't have time to sit with her. My rocking chair is right next to her cage and I sit and watch tv or do homework and she sits on her purple lava ledge that's attached to the cage wall closest to me and I stick my fingers in every few minutes. I think she loves the proximity too based on how grumpy she was during that busy week I had!

I love how my girl Riesling will press her little forehead up against the cage, with paws on either side, either waiting for a treat, or for me to let her out! (she's good at jumping ship once that door opens!)

They love eachother!

My favorite is when Charlie and Inca snuggle together.
It reasures me that I did the right thing by getting Inca so Charlie wouldn't be lonely!:hug2:

Attachments

• critterz 096.jpg
    critterz 096.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 11
Nosewipes. I just love nosewipes! Or scritches. But lately Maia has picked up popcorning, she's only 5 weeks, and none of the other chins has ever done it. And It. Is. Adorable. They are just adorable through and through! how can you pick just one thing?

Ok I saw this thread and had to respond:
Misty (poof): Her super relaxed attitude when it comes to being held. She very rarely squirms, but loves to run once you put her down. The fact that she goes "home" on command is definitally a plus.
Autumn: Her sweet yet very independent personality. Things are done on HER terms :).
Both girls: The way they run to the cage side closest to you and beg for scratches/attention.
I could go on and on about what I love about these two very special girls, as I'm sure most of you feel about your chins :)

Back