The Lover boys! And my new FN!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Euphoric

After a long time of searching, I found my beige male. I did quarantine, and now have started the bonding process. So far so well. Casanova (Black velvet) ignores Romeo (The new beige) and its Valentine (White mosaic) who is trying to be dominant.
During outside playtime they get a long great, and during cage time together there is some chasing, but not much. I am very happy and expect them to be able to live together within two weeks.

I also finally got my FN..I am still working out the kinks and ordering more supplies.

And of course, here is photos!

Bottom (Don't worry, they do NOT chew on the Chin Spin, I promise!)
FN033.jpg

Top (Sorry for the mess of hay)
FN034.jpg

Full:
FN036.jpg

I need to take out the middle section, add more shelves, add more toys and I should be done.

Bottoms up!
beige003.jpg

Casanova and Romeo (Excuse the dust)
beige016.jpg

Valentine
beige017.jpg

Holding Romeo
beige026.jpg

He isn't easy to catch
beige021.jpg

Those three make a nice little combo of colors! Romeo is definitely a hetero beige...these extra pictures completely confirm it! ;)

Thank you :)
I am also looking to get a violet or a brown velvet, but of course they will end up going into a seperate cage. Quad bonding does not sound easy, lol!

That wheel is a chin spin? I thought it was a flying saucer? whatever, cool that they seem to be bonding!

That wheel is a chin spin? I thought it was a flying saucer? whatever, cool that they seem to be bonding!

That is one of the plastic versions of the flying saucer - we don't usually recommend them because of the plastic, but as long as they're not chewing it and it's large enough for them to run on, it should be ok.

Glad they're all getting along so far and I'm sure they'll love the new FN!

Yea I had one of those wheels and mine kept coming off the base, they suck!!! I would definately look into purchashing a chin spin or flying saucer. With 3 chins I would definately get 2 wheels also to keep them all getting along!!!

We have one of those plastic saucer wheel things. The biggest problem we had wasn't chewing... It was the fact that it didn't have enough weight on it to keep from toppling when the chins would use it. It's now collecting dust. :confused2:

Only casanova uses the flying saucer..lol..valentine doesn't have anything to do with it, or when I bought a chin spin (Sorry for confusing the names!). Casanova also didn't use the chin spin, so I told it. I want to get a larger metal saucer but it all good time I want to set up the rest of the FN first.
And they do look similair! That i crazy!

Back