The 3 Rescue Girls

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stackie

I bite.
Here are the chins that were mentioned in this thread: http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24580 (Two young chins need our help)

I managed to get momma as well, so that makes 3 chins that need homes. I was told the babies were male and female, but after getting my hands on them, it appears that all are girls. Mom is a beige and both babies are standards. The babies seem to be in good spirits. They are very active, friendly, and curious. Momma seems very handable, though she does feel skinny which was expected since these chins weren't really being fed...

As soon as I got them home, they started chowing down on pellets & hay. Their poops looked good..they made a bunch on the drive home. Mom looks like she has a bit of hunch back going on. I'm hoping with good feed, it will go away. She was bred back to back and had a litter of quads this time (two died) so I'm sure her body hasn't had time to recover. Coupled with not being fed regularly, I could see where it would come from.

Like I said, they all seem very friendly. They will be going with Brittany for a foster home. Once we are sure everyone is ok, they will be available for adoption. If you are interested, please feel free to PM me. I will post a formal ad for them once we are sure they are ready for their new home. I would love for them to go together..their chin piles are too cute!

Now, for pictures...
Sleepy family on the drive:
image.jpg

Chowing
20110508_11.jpg

20110508_9.jpg

20110508_8.jpg

Last edited:
Sexing pics just to make sure I'm right!

Kit 1
20110508_13.jpg

Kit 2
20110508_12.jpg

Mom's name is "Tickles"...pretty sure that's going to be changed. :D

What a wonderful Mother's Day present. She and her babies got RESCUED!!! I just got done making them a bunch of snuggly fleece stuff. It's going to be hard to let them go, I'm in love already!

Brittany I am so glad you are fostering them. I'm sure they'll love all the stuff you made them. I saw their cage when I got them and let's just say it was sad...it was all metal, no wood or comfy spots or anything. Not even shavings to rest their poor feet on.

I can't wait to see them with all their stuff! I have a hidey house you can take for them as well if you want it. It's a bit chewed up, but it will get the job done. :D

Aww, I'm so happy you were able to take them all!! Very lucky ladies!

:) Makes me smile. Adorable chinnies. So sad they were being mistreated. Every chin's little life means so much to me and all I have met here. I'm glad we can team up and make their lives better.

That is so great that you've taken them, Stacie, and that Brittany will be fostering them. They are beautiful, and hopefully will find perfect fur-ever homes.

I just got them settled about an hour ago. More pictures coming when I get off of work. Stacie named mom 'Willow.' My new roommate has asked if she can help name the kits, so we'll see what she comes up with. The last time I let someone name a chin I got 'Pythagoras' ;-)

I have a three hole carrier, and I'm sure this was the first time they were separated. They barked and chirped at each other the whole ride home. They were very happy to be reunited in their new FN.

Besides being a complete sweetheart, Willow is the skinniest chin I've ever felt :-( to call her 'skin and bones' would be putting it nicely. I'm shocked that she survived a pregnancy with quads, and then nursing the two girls for 8 weeks. I hope she'll start to improve now that she's got good food 24/7. More updates later...

Last edited:
Aww, poor babies. They sure do love being squished with their momma...I'm sure they were very happy to be reunited in a big cage!

Willow is very skinny. I'm amazed how friendly she is, despite having no attention. I let Phil pet her last night and he was shocked as well. Poor gal. They ate and ate when I got them here. He's sad he didn't get to say good bye to them, but I'm glad they got to go into a cage sooner...come about midnight last night, they were digging and begging to be let out of their cat carrier! I let the babies run around the bathroom, but I didn't want mom to use up too much energy since she was so skinny already. Thanks so much for getting them this morning!

Can't wait for pictures!! :))

I've been a bit MIA on the forum these last few days and am so happy to read what's going on with these girlies :)). Thanks Stacie and Brittany for helping these poor little things. Brittany, I'm not sure if you're going to be feeding them Oxbow but if you are I'd like to send you a 10 lb. supply. Let me know, k?

Oh and that first pic just melted my heart.

Latest posts

Back