Target, were you thinking?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spoof

Kung Fu Chinny!
I hit up the Target website today to see if they carried something before I drove over..

There were Google ads on the left side in with the navigation and in the center of the site after doing a search! They looked just like the actual navigation font, almost fooled me too.

Way to take people away from your online store. Yeesh.

How do you feel about website ads? I hate being taken off of the site I'm on - I'm there for a reason.

I hate all side bar ads. I use Yahoo mail and EVERY freaking time I get on there, there's a bear with his teeth pulled out being attacked by a dog, or an emaciated dog with his tongue hanging out, 3 legs, almost ready to die. I'm sick to death of it. I don't want to be assaulted by that and whatever other crap is on websites when I'm looking for something specific.

Peggy, what in the world are you searching for on the internet? A lot of times the advertisements are based on your web searches. Like for mine right now I keep getting ads for hotels since I was recently searching for Hotels for Nationals.

I also had ads too though. I think they make a site look cheap.

I check Sioux Falls Humane Society all the time. That's the only thing I can think of. But even so, how would Yahoo mail know that? It's not like I search through them.

Either way, I wish they would stop. It makes me physically ill.

ohhh

I'm not sure how they know, it scares me. My one ad said "Still looking for a hotel in Auburn in March?" And was for one of the hotels there.

If you're using the Yahoo search function while logged into your Yahoo account, I think the company has access to that information.

Nope, I've never used Yahoo search (that I know of). I'm a Google gal! :)

I saw a report on this the other day as a matter of fact and I can't remember the details of how it is done but all of the search engines are able to gear your ads toward your interests/location...it is rather scary.

Yeah... I'm a google searcher, and the ads show up in my yahoo mail as well as my care2.com mail sidebar, so it's not solely related to the site you search through.

Hence the reason I just LOOOOOVE Adblock Plus. I see only the really clever programmers' ads and I only see those once cuz it'll get blocked before I see it again. :)

I have flash block, it gets rid of the really annoying ones but it also gets rid of a lot of websites too. The ones on the Target page were pictures of text, hadn't seen those before.

Back