Suggestions for my Ferret Nation setup please!! also, shout out to Chinmama :)

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

e.murphy518

I love my chinchildren!
First off, I just ordered a Chewtopia off of chinchillacity.com and I wanted to give a quick public thank you to them for the service/product! I ordered the Chewtopia hanging toy and it came SO quickly and was great, my chinnies went crazy over it, I will attach a pic. Also, thanks for the little baggie of halloween extras :) I just ordered a second hanging toy and a fleece hanging tube from you because of the great experience!

Second, I am going to attach some pictures of my current set up of my Ferret Nation cage. It has been this way for a while and I wanted to see if anyone has any suggestions for the types and numbers of shelves that I have, cause I would like to change it up! I also have a suspension bridge that is not in the picture but could be added.

Does anyone have an opinion about separating the two levels (as I have) or leaving the whole cage open without the middle level? I am considering trying it without the middle separator but I am a little worried about chinnies falling from the sky haha. I have a large hammock that could also be put somewhere but I am picturing them coming tumbling down and just hitting their limbs on stuff as they fall :/

Thanks for any suggestions!

Attachments

• IMG_2856.jpg
    IMG_2856.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_2868.jpg
    IMG_2868.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_2869.jpg
    IMG_2869.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2870.jpg
    IMG_2870.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
I love your set up!! For the bridge my thought is on the lower level you have 2 platforms directly across from each other, the right side one is by the water bottle, what if you move those 2 and put each end of the bridge where those were?

I'm glad they liked the Chewtopia so much. And, wow, they really went to town on it quick! lol

I like their current setup. They have a lot of places for jumping and playing and sleeping already. I think a tube will be a great addition. Have you looked through the Ferret Nation set-up thread? There are a ton of pictures there, and when we got our FN I nearly went crazy looking at everyone's ideas and designs.

mrsmitchell: thanks! good idea with the bridge, I think I will try it out there!

Chinmama: they LOVED it! They spent the entire first night obsessing over it :) I can't wait for the tube to add and yes I have gone through soooo many pages of the FN club thread and I love looking at them, but everybody has so many cool accessories that it just makes me want to spend all of my money on my chinnies' cage! haha

It's so easy to get carried away. I just ordered some cuddle ledges (the half tubes) and a danish donut from ChinChic. I can't wait to add them to the cages.

I got some of the larger wooden coin perches from Shelly at Fleece for Furries and added them to the cages. I like them, but Marble tries to sleep on one in particular and she is just too fat, so it looks like she is hanging on for dear life. I think I may add the cuddle ledge there and put that little perch somewhere else.

So - cage arranging and redecorating is just an ongoing process. You'll always want more and always think of new and different things to do. :)

Back