Suddenly going into wooden house?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mknoblich1

My girls Arya and Dany have had a wooden house in their cage since I got them over a year ago. When I got them they would hide in the house because they weren't used to their surroundings yet and were probably hiding from me. Today I started to make the switch from bedding to fleece and put a fleece liner on the level of my ferret nation that they pee on the least. This is where the wooden house is. All daylong they've both been going in and out of the house They will spend a few seconds in it and then come right back out. Other than that their behavior hasn't changed. Could it be they just want to explore every bit of the fleece that's in the cage? Or has anyone else's chins ever suddenly changed their mind about a toy or house and suddenly started to use it after a year of no use? Just curious is all.

Probably nothing to worry about as chinchillas are curious animals and love to explore anything new.

mine had a house for a few month and he started using his and nothing changed I think he just likes his options :)

Chinchillas can change their minds bout things at the drop of a hat. That's just the way they are. Nothing to worry about.

Back