Stupid question?? Still Pregnant?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanov8

So I know this may sound stupid to breeders. But since I am not a breeder, I guess I can accept the fact that I have stupid questions ;) Pepper had Halle 4 weeks ago (March 28) but Pepper still looks quite large. Her weight has pretty pretty consistant, up and down about 10 grams or so. But the past 30 minutes she has made the same sounds that she made when she was in labor with Halle. She has only done it twice in the past half hour. So I guess my question is, Is is possible for her to deliver another kit? I know that I have read that sometimes they can get preggo later during the same cycle but they usually deliver a smaller less formed kit. But could she have only delivered the one and still have another one? Like I said, I know it may but stupid, but I just don't know the answer. Thank you guys for answering all my questions, don't know what I would do without ya' :hug2:

I have heard of chinchillas delivering 30 days after a litter, it doesn't happen often but it does happen. But Keep a close eye on her as it could be many things and not all of them good

Thank you for the info! That would just be our luck! She hasn't done it any more, but I'm still keeping a close eye on her. She has been nibbling hay and pellets so I know that she is still eating. She is hanging out in the back corner just like when she had Halle, but that could be nothing.

Back