Strange noises?????

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keirazak

Can anyone help just got my chia today. Both gorgeous :) they se to have been fine all day but they started making funny noises about 1 o clock this morning which woke me up. Hard to explain noise bit like a bark and a cry but not if that makes any sense. They do it for short bursts and then they go quite again. I went down to check on them but they seemed fine and about an hour later they did it again. Are they o.k? Can't sleep now because I'm worried and keep listening out for them :-(

Yes,they are just fine! Just a little scared. That is their warning cry.You didn't put them together yet did you? They should have a 30 day quarinteen,then a slow intro. If you can, separate them so they won't fight badly.

Hi they are together but they came together they have been together since they were babies. I thought that they would be o.k. Do I need to separate them?

Hi thanks for the advise made me feel a bit better anyway :) they both seem to be doing well they will feed out of my hand and on a night come to front of cage for a good nosey!! Does anyone have any advise on how to pick them up and how long I should leave it?? Also when they eventually come out of there cage any suggestions on how to get them back into cage without stressing them out?

We trained our chin to go in her cage by crinkling a bag of raisins- she knows she gets a treat if she goes into her cage! But she makes funny noises, too- almost like a dog's squeak toy...anyone know what that's about?:hmm:

We trained our chin to go in her cage by crinkling a bag of raisins- she knows she gets a treat if she goes into her cage! But she makes funny noises, too- almost like a dog's squeak toy...anyone know what that's about?:hmm:

Maybe she's excited about the treat? Both of my boys squeak when I mention "Wanna take a bath?" They hops around and squeak and grunt because they are so excited from just mentioning it! Super cute!

My female chin makes a noise similar to a squeaky toy.. She normally does this when she wants my attention, or wants to be picked up, or given treats!

Back