Strange Little Lump

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jazicat

Tonight while holding Edgar I noticed a very small little bump on his skin. It's really small, maybe 2-3mm, and is just behind his arm. At first I thought it was a bit of matted fur but it is like a little ball under his skin. Didn't bother him at all when I was trying to figure out what it was.

I am going to make an appointment with his vet tomorrow but was wondering if you have any ideas.

Edgar is almost five months and in very good health. Poops are plentiful and he eats his pellets and hay like a little piggy. Being new to this I moniter his food and water still just to be sure. He's become a member of our family and I am very worried so any advice is helpful.

My chin Ralphy has a small lump on the underside of his tail. About the same size, too. I told my vet about it and she said to check to see if it seemed to hurt him if you pressed on it... And to monitor it. Like if it grew or changed or seemed to hurt him at some point.

A member also told me that tumors are uncommon in chins. I don't know what it is, but hopefully other members have more knowledgeable answers.

Thank you! I can hear Edgar playing and he seems fine. I prodded quite a bit and he expressed no signs of discomfort at all. Just was his wiggly self and thought it was good night snuggles.

I'll be sure to keep a close watch and as I said I will be callling the vet tomorrow. Even if it's nothing better safe than sorry.

Sounds good! Let me know what they say, I may be giving mine a call if yours says to bring Edgar in on the double!

I talked to the vet and as I expected she wouldn't speculate over the phone so Edgar has a 5pm appointment today. I'm actually really happy about this as it means the expert sees it and we can take action as needed.

I'll post when we get home.

We are back from the vet and Edgar is fine. It was a very small cyst probably caused by a clogged pore or hair folicle. The vet was able to remove it with a needle and it's so small Edgar didn't need medication. He didn't even really bleed when she did it and she thinks it will now just heal on it's own. We are very thankful it was nothing serious.

Thank you all your kind thoughts. My husband, Edgar and I all appreciate it.

Just wanted to say that Edgar is doing great. He's eating, drinking and pooping like a normal chin and there's been no change to behavior. We are feeling really lucky at the moment and very thankful it was nothing serious.

Just wanted to say that Edgar is healed and there have been no more lumps. I did talk to his breeder also who thought going to the vet was the right choice since she's too far away to help. I'm so lucky to be able to have her as a resource!

Thank you all for your support as it was greatly appreciated.

Back