Standing chinnies are cute

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jessica

I just about melt when I see a chinnie standing on its back legs. From behind they look like furry pears with ears, from the front they look like mini teddy bears or something. All chinnies are cute when they do this but the ones with white bellies are even more endearing because they just appear fatter. I had to get that out of my system. Too bad Marble won't let me get pictures of him standing he just doesn't stay still.

We have two standard boys and their white tummy's are soooo cute when they stand up! For some reason they do seem chunkier when they do that. I also love it when they clean their whiskers...precious!

We just brought our 3-month-old chin home Saturday. Saw her clean her whiskers the first time today and yesterday she took a dust bath in front of us. Sooo cute.

I just took a picture of my baby Fatty the other day standing on his hind legs. He does it all the time and its so adorable! He looks especially like a mini teddy bear because he has tiny little ears. :))

standing.jpg

He's about 10 weeks old now, but I know he's smaller than most. His mom is also small, only about 450g. I went to a breeder to see her chins and she had 3 week old kits that were only a little bit smaller than him...

White chinnies look like snowmen or little polar bears. At least that's what I think of when I see Marble from the front because he's all white underneath.

Gumdropyo- Don't worry Marble was tiny when he was that age. He was weaned really early too but he grew beautifully into a chubby 600+ grams he's not huge but he's very sturdy.

Last edited:
i haven't any pics yet, of mine. that is a cute pic though!

my beige, zappa, walks or hops around in his cage on his hind legs. he has some amazing balance because kenny never did that! zap will travel until he runs into the bars, and then stand for a few, and then hop the other way its ridiculous!

Just snapped this one this morning... gotta love the white belly :))

IMG_9347-Version3Resize.jpg

I too love it when chins stand on their hind legs and show off their bellies and little front feet.

Here's the pic of Carlos my new boy that the SPCA had online and that I fell instantly in love with.

Carlos.jpg

This one was taken today and he was standing taller but my camera is so slow.

100_4971.jpg

Here's one of Oscar standing up. He's hard to capture b/c he's a speed demon.

005-1.jpg

Carlos is adorable! Lil chunker too, by the looks of it :))

I just love Carlos. I'm pretty sure he's still young and has a lot of growing to do but he's settling in nicely and I really think he's enjoying himself here with me in the chin room with my other boys. I'm so glad I adopted him. =)

Back