Splitting a critter nation into 2 cages?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lindsey13

I am getting a male and female chinchilla tomorrow and the female is thought to be pregnant. They have a critter nation cage and I was wondering how could I split the cage in 2? I've noticed a lot of you have the metal pans from bass but can you get them the size for a critter nation? Just trying to figure out something since I am getting them tomorrow and want to keep them separate. Any ideas? Would love to see pictures of others split cages if you have them so I can have an idea. Poor babies currently don't have anything in their cage except what came with the critter nation with their current owner :(

If you have a wood shelf you could mount it right under the opening the joins the top and bottom half. Don't leave enough room for a chin slip through it. It is a temporary fix ofcourse but it buys you time to find a permanent solution.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

I think you can turn the plastic pan around so that the opening is covered and then put a chiller over the opening. You can get the bass pans custom made, but I think the CN and FN are really close to the same size.

They are the same size, the FN Bass pans also fit the CN. I have the set, they for great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

Back