sorry for all the posts!!

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tams

As some of you may know, I need to seperate my chins. I think I am getting my second cage tonight, and wont be able to put the seperater in for maybe a week or so, but will at least have a second cage. My question is, since they have been cage mates their whole lives so far (lil over a year) will they get lonely?

I can only go by my one and only splitting up of a pair of males recently. When I separated them, the dominant one could care less and the one that was bullied was calling out for him for close to a week. Imagine that. He was bullied and bitten and his fur looks horrible and he still missed his buddy. Talk about a toxic relationship.

So I expect that your chins will cry out for each other for a while but all the peeping and hooting should stop but I can't say how long it will take. You could put their cages side by side close enough that they can still verbally interact but not close enough where they can actually make physical contact.

Back