Some of the Growers

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vyxxin

RAF Chins
I hardly ever post baby pics, but I like showing off the growers :) Here are a few I have marked for possible show prospects. Since it's only August, I have a few months for prospects to be born...so the list may grow :)

First up, ebony male. Born in a litter of two. Currently 5mos old and 534g. He's got a bit of a crease going on, on his one side but I'm sure it'll smooth out.

Attachments

• 100_5409.jpg
    100_5409.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_5412.jpg
    100_5412.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 51
Ebony white female, born in a litter of triplets. Also about 5mos old, and 596g as of today. This little girl was solid black at birth (see here: http://www.chins-n-hedgies.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37764 ) including her belly. NOW, she's lightened considerably but has a bunch of body spots. Two on her side, one on her...tummy? That spot I tried ever so hard to photograph, between her front legs, is an actual black spot that goes the whole way to the skin! Has anyone else ever seen pattern transfer around to the belly on an ebony white? And look at her identical back feet, pretty neat I think :)

Attachments

• 100_5436.jpg
    100_5436.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_5440.jpg
    100_5440.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 53
  • 100_5437.jpg
    100_5437.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 55
Finally, a light ebony white female. She's about 3.5mos old and 430g. She's also got a body spot in the form of an "eyebrow" like her daddy. She was also born in a litter of triplets. I've had so many litters of trips and quads this year it's unbelievable!

On a side note, all three litters are from the same male...he's produced roughly half of my kits for the year! That's saying something as I have 9 males in breeding!

Attachments

• 100_5417.jpg
    100_5417.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_5419.jpg
    100_5419.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 49
Nice chins. The 1st white ebony surely lightened up a lot. I wish that when they are that dark they would stay like that.

She sure did, and I'm used to that. MOST of my white lines are silvery/standard looking at birth with very few having some patterning...but the body spots, I LOVE body spots and on the belly? Nobody ever looks there, but, yano :)

I love ebony whites, I have one that I am taking to the show next month that also has some "eyebrows"

I'm sure if I looked through enough I could find some. I distinctly remember one girl had a dot on her belly and I didn't have eb in my white lines, craziest thing, lol.

I have a mosiac female with a white spot on her butt and she has no ebony.

Attachments

• izzy.jpg
    izzy.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 18
Thank you Dee, I do too. Ebony whites are half the reason I got back into ebonies after many, MANY years away from them. Plain and simple, they give the most unique whites :) I just had a slew of ebony & ebony white kits born. It'll be neat to see how some of them develop!

Back