Snuggie sacks

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyNameIs86

i see most hedgehog owners have snuggie sacks.
how do u make them? i'm interested in learning how to make them because i dont like buying a lot of things over the web.
any websites avaible to teach you how, or someone here?

I'm going to try & explain it without images.
1. Buy some fleece over at Jo-Ann or Michaels. You don't need a large amount.

2. Cut a rough square shape (almost same size on all 4 sides). The length should be about 1.5 times the length of your hedgie's body and the width should be about 2.5-3 times the length of your hedgie's body.

3. Fold the fleece in half length-wise so that the correct side of the fleece (if printed) is inside and the wrong side of the fleece (if printed) is outside, i.e. visible to you.

4. At this point, you're going to have 3 raw sides, not sewn. You only need to sew 2 of the sides, the long side and one of the wide sides. The other wide side will act as an opening from where your hedgie can come in from. Make sure you leave about 0.5 cm from the edges to your sewing.

5. Once done, flip the pouch inside out so that the stitches are on the inside now.

Good luck. It's not hard at all! I have MINIMAL sewing skills but I've managed to make fleece covers for my chinchilla's cardboard tube.

Back