Sleepless In Spokane

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DorahForever

My Gf and I rescued a 5yr old Chinchilla(Diego) about 8months ago. We decided to add him a playmate a few months later. Dorah was only a few months old when we received her. So we had seperate cages for awhile, but they got along great, slept together all cuddled.
A few days ago I found Dorah on her side barely breathing and basically unmoving. I rushed to the closest exotic hospital I could find. By the time I got there, the doctor said it was to late as her pulse had dropped below 30 and her temp was under 90 degrees. So I was forced to Euthanize her. I will be receiving her ashes soon.
The night before she seemed perfect, always energetic and very chirpy. I have never seen anything I saw to be out of order. Her waste seemed in line with my other Chin, very active and drank water regularly.
Now looking back, maybe a month ago she seemed larger in the belly and I worried she might of been pregnant, but it was gone the next day.
I guess I am just looking for closure. I wish i had known of autopsy before hand because I would have taken that route for piece of mind and for future referance.
I apologize ahead of time if this is placed in the wrong area, but I couldn't introduce myself in any other way at the moment.
I am completely broken right now, as I loved her so much and cant seem to find closure on this, blaming myself.
Any thoughts, suggestions extremely apprecaited

Love always
Dorah- June 31,2014-January 2, 2015

Hi,
I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your chin. At least in the time she was with you, she was loved and cared for.
R I P and run free little chin.

I'm just going to say, don't beat yourself up too much. A lot can happen in the first 12 months of life. She could have had something congenital that when she got to a certain point of growth, problems ensued. So sorry you had to deal with this.

Back