Sleeping upside down?

Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum

Help Support Chinchilla & Hedgehog Pet Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mknoblich1

Hi everyone, I've seen my standard Arya sleeping like this before and finally got a picture of it. She's upside down and smashed between the two shelves. I was wondering if anyone else has a chin that likes to sleep like this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 130
How cute. Haven't caught mine doing that yet, but the baby practically hangs upside down to sleep in his hammock.

Oh my goodness! What a silly chin! I have yet to see mine sleep in such a state, normally mine just sleep on their sides with their legs all over the place looking like they're dead.

Button will sleep under her tunnel like that. Of my three girls, she's the only odd ball that sleeps on her back.

My white Zoe' will do this from time to time, laying on the shelf with her feet on the cage top, but just for a few seconds.

We have several that sleepm on their back. Looks real odd when you walk by and see four feet sticking straight up in the air.

I have a few that do that. Its usually on top of the tunnels against the top of the cage. Always scares me till I see its always the same chin.

I have one named Salt who sleeps on his back in his hammock and another named Jaycie, who likes to hang her head half-way off her ledge and sleep. Then Sydney likes to sleep flat on her side and look like she's dead.

Love my little oddballs.

That looks pretty comfy to me. Now all I need to do is find myself a nice wooden blanket :laughitup:

Omg looks like a chin pannini or that the white one smooshed the grey! My girl will sleep upside down once once in a blue moon, but not as cute as that.

One of my guys, Zoidberg has taken to sleeping on his back inside of his house with his feet sticking out the door. I swear he just does it to scare the crap out of me, he looks like he's dead everytime!

LOL! thats hilarious. also, very alarming i might add if you have never seen that before!

I watched her crawl in between the ledges upside down the stop for a rest so I avoided the scare that would have come with not seeing it happen. I like to joke that Dany my mosaic knocked her out and shoved her in between the mattresses so no one would see.

I am rather glad to know that it's not unusual for them not to sleep upright! The first time I saw Elena flopped on her side I thought she was dead and had to poke her a little to make sure she moved! She and Tseng have a few spots they sleep, and they are usually so close together I can only tell they are both there by counting ears. He has a tendency to lay half on top of her and smoosh her into the bars but I guess this is not as uncomfortable as it looks because she doesn't complain. The things that chins find comfy are crazy to me - I can't imagine sleeping crammed into a two inch gap like your chin does to be comfy at all! Funny idea that your other chin was to blame :)

Back